Production Art Director
Position at Creative Assembly...
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Art Director to join the team behind Total War, Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2, to create thrilling game experiences on a new project. This will be based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will deliver the artistic vision of the game by unlocking the team's creativity by removing obstacles, supporting individual development, and empowering a high performing team.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of one day every fortnight in our Horsham studio. This role would consider fully remote working in exceptional circumstances. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Lead the creation of the visual content of the game
- Deliver all visual elements to deliver on the game vision
- Make the content creation efficient and performant
- Reduce the time and resource/effort to go from idea to screen; through tools, approach, processes, technology, training etc
- Support the team to thrive and grow, to enable them to perform at the peak of their ability.
- Gains energy and is excited by the challenge of technical and creative problem solving
- Passionate about unlocking the potential of the content creation team
- Seizes the opportunities and carefully evaluates the promise of new methodologies
- Works closely with cross discipline peers to enable rapid change and iteration
- Works closely with art, creative, engineering and production directors to deliver on the player experience and game's vision
- Excellent communicator at every level, across all expected forms eg. verbal, documentation, presentation
- Seeks feedback as a means to continuously improve and develop skills
- Organised, methodical, creative
- Has a broad knowledge and experience yet empowers and supports discipline leaders to push their areas of expertise.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Demonstratable experience leading art direction production
- Able to demonstrate having held a critical and fundamental lead role in previous projects(s), with examples
- Deep and broad knowledge of current content creation landscape - from tools to best practise
- Deep and broad experience of commercial game development tools and engines (from workflow to bespoke add-on tools)
- Worked closely with code peers to align on and take advantage of project technical strengths
- Strong team development skills with a demonstratable track record to supporting and developing individuals.
- Keen gamer.
About Creative Assembly:
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Studio Art Director
Closing 23 January 2023
- Hangar 13
Deputy Creative Director - 6 Month FTC
Closing 23 January 2023
- The Telegraph
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Ecommerce Art Director - Lipsy
Closing 23 January 2023
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.