Product/UX Design Internship
“This internship has been an immensely rewarding experience for me. It was a privilege to be a part of such a wonderfully supportive team that have hugely helped me improve my skills and my confidence. Ten weeks went by in an absolute flash and I come away having hopefully created a collection of work that is of value to Redgate and their customers. Would I recommend the intern program at Redgate to others who may be interested? Absolutely. I have learned more being in such a productive environment for a brief time than I did in my entire time at University and I am extremely thankful to Redgate for providing me with the opportunity to do so.!”
Are you fanatical about user experience? Do you have an interest in technology and design? We’re looking for two UX interns with an understanding of user-centred design to join us next summer. Working closely with a development team and as part of the user experience function, you’ll play a part in making our tools ingeniously simple. Your work will focus on designing great user experiences. You’ll be involved in researching user requirements, designing user interfaces and usability testing those designs.
You’ll have a dedicated mentor from day one, they’ll introduce you to many aspects of user experience design and help you get stuck in. To learn more about what it’s like to work at Redgate.
To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first. If you can include a link to some samples of your work – even better!
What we’ll offer you:
- The chance to work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about user experience and design, and others across the business too.
- The chance to work on real commercial tools and understand how commercial concerns influence designs.
- Practical experience of applying a range of tools and techniques to solve design problems for end users.
- Real autonomy to work independently on a team and make decisions, with plenty of support.
- We’ll meet with you regularly to review your work and give you constructive feedback about how to improve.
What makes you Redgate’s next user experience intern?
- Must be studying a HCI or design related degree at university.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- You’re able to analyse and understand challenging problems and devise simple design solutions.
- You’re able to present ideas and rationale through discussion and visual presentation.
- You have some familiarity with usability research and evaluation techniques.
- You have some experience with wireframing/prototyping tools.
- You’re able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- You have a genuine passion for design, with an eye for detail and aesthetics.
What would help?
- Some examples of your work which demonstrate your passion for design.
- Example of any extra-circular UX/design work (or related activities) you have been involved with (e.g. assisting with the design of a website, attending conferences/ seminars, learning about related web technologies).
What’s the package?
- You’ll be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours.
- You’ll receive £380 per week.
- You’ll start in July for a minimum of ten weeks over the summer holiday.
You’ll also get some great Redgate benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional environment.
- No dress code.
- Regular social activities and events with fellow Redgaters and interns.
- We anticipate that the internship will be fully remote in 2021.
Closing 7 March 2021
- Frontier Developments plc
Industrial Designer (Healthcare exp)
Closing 29 January 2021
- Creative Recruitment
- Cambridgeshire (Remote)
- perm, from remote
- £50,000 to 60,000 per annum
Want more Product/UX Design Internship jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.