We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making payment and data transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services. There are several markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA with PSD2, or US by market driven initiatives). In other markets, open banking is at various stages of development, yet is already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard have built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercialising and enhancing them. See www.mastercard.com/openbanking. Over the last few years, we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery. Most recently, we also completed acquisition of Finicity – a leading US open banking data aggregation and analytics company.
This new role is pivotal in enabling Mastercard to grow its value-add footprint in Europe. In the process, the individual will work closely with, and where appropriate influence/persuade:
• Product, Data and Strategy leads focusing on scoping the business requirements aspect of the Open Banking rollout
• Regional sourcing and Third-Party Risk Management if the local deployment requires use of external supplier(s)
• Various technology teams that will drive product localisation, as well as Regional Customer Delivery and Legal on setting up new relevant onboarding processes
• Regional Sales teams to provide technical insight and support during the sales cycle
• Legal, Compliance and Data Protection functions, ensuring products are built and operate in accordance with European and country specific laws/regulations/guidelines.
Role is expected to require some travel to customer engagements, events etc. (<30%)
• Work with the Open Bank Product Director to delivery key strategic developments to enhance Mastercard’s European Open Banking initiatives.
• Take high level product requirements through the end-to-end product development lifecycle utilising agile delivery techniques.
• Work closely with the Scrum and Development resources through Mastercard’s development lifecycle.
• Be a regional internal expert on open banking, staying engaged with key ongoing market developments, regulatory interventions, competitor activity, events, and conferences etc
• Work closely with operational colleagues to ensure a successful handover a newly built solutions into operational governance.
• Consume and understand various Open Banking related API specifications
• Provide regular updates to the wider Mastercard organisation including senior and executive management.
All About You
• Skills and experience required for this role are:
• Experience in credit reference, banking, payments or FinTech sectors.
• Successful B2B product development and/or management experience
• API design and implementation
• Technology provider assessment
• Engaging with customers and vendors both internal and external
• Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
• Deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized in your area
• Focus on the customer experience, the build and delivery processes and the problems to be solved
• Work across multiple scrum teams (may be cross-cutting across products, scrum teams, and/or technologies or work may be vertically focused on a single product or feature set)
• Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking issues
• Work directly with external to the organization or external to Mastercard technology providers and customers
• Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance as needed because the product strategy is defined. The design is not.
• Deep understanding of the business and technical requirements for the solutions being built
• Understand the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who must build, maintain, and operate the system for the life of the system
• Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with software design engineers, principals and TPMs
• Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
• Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Write documentation as required
• Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our architecture and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings
• Communicate role up of project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
• Work across teams to optimize processes
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
Desirable skills and experience:
• Good Knowledge of Open Banking
• Expert Knowledge of APIs design
• Anticipate bottlenecks and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays
• Determine if success metrics are in place and if not, work to define them
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Continuously assess development processes, test plans, and operations. Work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery.
• Streamline and/or eliminate excess process in any area of the architecture, production operations environment, or business area where the same efforts (or issues) are repeated year-over-year
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 18 November 2021
- Marks & Spencer
Digital Online Product Owner
Closing 20 December 2021
- RSA Group
Closing 20 December 2021
- London or Glasgow
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.