Product Owner - Visa Payments Limited
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The Product team are responsible for creating and building a world class cross-border payments solution, supporting a portfolio of products and adding sustainable value to the business. This role will report to the Product Manager and shall:
- Lead multiple product development work streams across the business.
- Direct and support a team of business analysts.
- Work with business stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information and systems to achieve final technology/business solution.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the business objectives and translate these into requirements to create the product roadmap.
- Ensure the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, including dependencies and priorities based on the overall strategy.
- Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Review QA test results before releasing to UAT.
- Support testing, training and implementation activities, identify and document emerging business requirements to ensure the successful delivery of the overall business and technology solutions.
- Facilitate in providing estimates for user stories, bug fixes, spikes, etc.
- Attend and participate in agile ceremonies.
What we’re after…
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in a product ownership, or scrum master in an agile team
- Business Analysis Skills
- Successful track record of working with cross-functional teams
- Practical knowledge of Agile methodology and proven implementation
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management with an ability to translate business needs to a technical team
- Results orientated, continues to work toward achievement of goals in the face of obstacles readily integrating changes into work processes and outputs
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of cross border payments, payment standards, scheme rules, payment processing technologies and regulations.
- Proven experience working in an Agile methodology environment (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, Lean/Kanban).
- Strong communications skills, able to bridge the gap between business (product manager, business BA) and technical teams.
- Data flow process mapping, data transformation, migration and reconciliation.
- Good technical understanding of web applications and APIs.
- Great intellectual agility and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across different disciplines both written and oral.
- Open to feedback, able to deal with ambiguity and work on multiple concurrent activities.
- Experience working with teams with resources in remote locations is an advantage.
- Working experience in using Jira and Confluence.
- Able to work and manage scrum teams that are geographically dispersed and across time zones
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 20 December 2021
- London or Glasgow
Closing 18 November 2021
- Marks & Spencer
Digital Online Product Owner
Closing 20 December 2021
- RSA Group
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.