Product Owner, Pharma Intelligence
Informa Intelligence (II), part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, brings specialist data, intelligence and insight to businesses and professionals around the world, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
II has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. It has a valuable portfolio of over 100 digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities spanning multiple industry verticals. The business has dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
The Product Owner is responsible for the success of a product (or products), ensuring the product creates value for its users, customers as well as for the company. He/she is responsible for the prioritization of product backlog and release schedule, and will work closely with other stakeholders (such as Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Web Development and content teams, as well as the Product
Manager) on all workstreams to ensure that development work is done and services delivered to the timeframe and quality required.
The Product Owner will oversee a pipeline of development projects that deliver functionality upgrades to our products and content enhancements to our data. As such, solid experience within B2B data products and ideally experience in the biopharmaceutical or drug development industry is preferred.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Responsible for new product development and project execution with support of product manager, including development of functional requirements (features, user stories) and release of product developments/enhancements in accordance with functional requirements
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand and analyze customer product requirements, and prioritize and schedule development initiatives
- Coordinate development resources with the centralized development team and manage project work plans
- Participate in internal meetings in both structured and ad-hoc manner, (such as stand-ups and sprint planning) to support development, track progress and identify potential problems and solutions
- Working with the development team, conduct interim and final testing on new product enhancements as customer validation check, raise bugs/defects identified in the testing phase, and sign off on release
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog; develop and oversee an incident management process
- Regularly communicate new product features internally and train client facing staff on them
- Coordinate go-to-market activities with internal GTM team as appropriate
- Support Product Manager on exploratory client interviews to identify unmet needs and/or to support market problem identification or validate problem-solution fit
- Own usage analytics, and identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction where appropriate
- Assess business processes and system inefficiencies on an ongoing basis, and work with business stakeholders to propose improvements to eliminate pain points, identify new processes, and automate/eliminate non-value-added steps
- Design and document process flows for the business solutions as needed
- Solid experience working with B2B data products, ideally in the biopharmaceutical/drug development industry, as a product owner, technical product manager or a similar role
- Experience and understanding of product development lifecycle and AGILE development methodology
- Experience building requirements in JIRA
- Strong communication skills with a track record of delivering key product releases
- Experience of working on complex projects with teams in different locations and timezones
- Ability to produce clear test plans and test cases
- Excellent capability to gather, evaluate and understand business process & requirements
- Ability to work with Technical team to identify business solutions within the platform framework that meets the business needs
- Excellent documentation skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Underlying competencies: decision making, analytical skills, problem solving, communication, facilitation and negotiation, teamwork, quick learner, task oriented
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Setup, management, and experience working with defect tracking tools is a plus
Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we offer world class career development, competitive salaries, as well as an award winning benefits package.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Product Owner
Closing 23 July 2022
- perm, from remote
Closing 23 July 2022
- Willis Towers Watson
- London, Reigate
Digital Product Owner
Closing 23 July 2022
- Pearson PLC
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.