Are you excited about reinventing productivity by delivering the leading content collaboration platform in a cloud-first, mobile and intelligence-powered world? Are you passionate about bringing people into a future where every file they’ve created is available anytime, anyplace, and on any device? Are you obsessed with creating products that are simple, useful, delightful, and beautiful? So are we.
Working on OneDrive, you’ll be a part of a team fundamentally changing the way people interact with the most important content in their lives. In terms of impact, OneDrive is a thriving business with competitors like Google Drive, iCloud, and Box. Our products and services touch almost every piece of the company, whether it is through Windows, Office, Xbox, or our own suite of mobile apps. You will have these tools at your disposal to extend the OneDrive experience across the apps and devices people use every day.
We are passionate about moving fast, delivering great apps on every device, learning as we go, building on the work of others, using the best tools for the job, and doing what's right without waiting to be told.
We are looking for a Designer with work that reflects a passion for people, a respect for craft and a deep curiosity about designing and delivering new experiences. Being highly creative with a love for solving design problems at all levels – from big picture to the details – is a must.
You must have a clear understanding of each facet of the design process – information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual design, motion, and brand integration. You will have a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with program management and engineers to shepherd end-to-end experiences from concept to ship. You are also a great creator, collaborator and communicator.
The position requires the need to be organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven. Passion for our customers and for consumers who want great user experiences is highly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 years or more of work-related experience in interaction / user experience design
- Stellar project management, communication, and presentation skills
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in related fields
- Significant interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- Experience working in cloud file storage systems, including relevant personal and enterprise customer scenarios
- In addition to interaction design strengths, hands-on experience in a secondary field such as motion design, visual design, front end software engineering, or industrial design is highly desired
- Proficiency in digital design tools, including Figma & Adobe Creative Suite, and techniques including auto-layout, components and variants.
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects with various stakeholders and timeline constraints.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Engineering, Marketing and Usability Researchers.
- Possess ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
- Education requirements include either a BA/BS in graphic design, visual communication design, interaction design, or significant industry experience.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX Designer - Grid Opus One
Closing 4 April 2023
- General Electric
- perm, remote
Senior UX Designer
Closing 3 April 2023
- perm, remote
Senior Design Lead — Fashion
Closing 4 April 2023
- perm, remote
$168,400 to 262,900 per annum
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.