The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
"Think it, build it, ship it, tweak it" is at the core of Spotify's development approach, and in Data Insights, we are providing Spotify teams the platform and the best practices to do exactly this: quickly and safely iterate through ideas, learn from them and make informed decisions for better products.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced product designer to join Spotify’s Insights Platform product area. Insights Platform is a part of the Data & Insights team - Spotify’s division that is dedicated to building out a world-class data and insights platform. Our vision is to enable Spotify to become the best company in the world leveraging data and insights to drive the business forward.
Our end-users and customers are other teams at Spotify; the infrastructure products and tools we create are used daily by all of Spotify’s teams. The DI team ensures that every Spotifier can make regular, impactful decisions and bets with data.
You're a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about solving complex design challenges.
- Have empathy for your customers and can anticipate user needs.
- Love both strategy and hands-on UX.
- Thrive in a complex domain in a fast-paced organization.
What you'll do:
- Design and validate concepts with end-users and turn insights into useful and delightful UI and visual designs
- Be the voice of our customers in product development
- Collaborate with other designers to create a coherent user experience over Platform’s product offerings
- Work with sketches, concepts, and prototypes to communicate with stakeholders
- Contribute and work with our Design System
Who you are:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, for example as a Product Designer, UI Designer, Visual Designer
- A great storyteller and communicator
- Experienced in user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions
- You have an understanding and some experience in Lean and Agile practices
- A hands-on Product Designer that is proficient in user research techniques, interaction design, visual design and usability testing
- You are data-driven and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- Experience with or interest in Enterprise and/or B2B products
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
Our global benefits:
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify:
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Product Designer, WhatsApp
Closing 24 January 2022
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Writer
Closing 25 January 2022
- perm, from remote
Product Designer, Guidance
Closing 17 January 2022
- perm, from remote
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.