Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will use your start-up mindset and your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce elegantly simple designs. You'll be expected to push the boundaries of what's possible in a mobile app, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 1 billion plus users.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for our supported mobile platforms.
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems.
- Partner with other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception until launch (and then some).
- You can think at a high level about creative strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- 4+ years of experience in designing, building and shipping quality mobile apps across a variety of platforms and form factors.
- 3+ years of experience in interaction and visual design.
- 1+ years of experience in prototyping (using Framer, Pixate, etc.) and motion design.
- A portfolio showcasing your work.
- Experience in motion design.
- Ability to adapt your designs across platforms and form factors with an understanding of the opportunities with and limitations of different platforms and form factors.
- Demonstrated communication skills and you can articulate your design decisions.
Product Designer - FB App
Closing 2 January 2021
- perm, from remote
ILMXLAB Experience Designer (Level/Game Designer)
Closing 21 December 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
- perm, from remote
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.