Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Warner Bros. Discovery is looking for a Product Designer to join the Global Product & Design organisation with a focus on Sports. In this role you’ll help create innovative, cross-platform experiences, enhancing the Global Sports Platform and product portfolio. This role will contribute to and support projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll utilise a full range of skills including creating user flows, user journeys, user interface design, interaction design, prototyping and visual design to bring these experiences to life.
Areas of Responsibility:
Reporting to our Lead Product Designer, the Product Designer will be responsible for supporting the design team with delivering design solutions for various projects across WBD International brands.
● Understand the sports user base and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate from their perspective.
● Create valuable experiences that are delightful to engage with and are incredibly easy-to-use.
● Work as part of a distributed cross-functional team, producing design solutions for product epics, new features and product improvements across web, mobile and connected TV.
● Present to senior stakeholders, helping them understand how our design solutions benefit our users and the business.
● Design flows, interactions and experiences that are simple and elegant across various platforms, leveraging customer insights, data and user research.
● Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
● Create and maintain design documentation to ensure a smooth collaboration with tech.
● Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis, and metrics to help shape the user experience
● Support and collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, editorial and content teams to develop the experience of a product from concept until launch.
● Contribute to methodologies and team processes for best practice.
Selection Criteria Essential:
● You have at least 3 years of experience with customer-facing products that have an active user base, designing across platforms as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
● You are able to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively and articulate design decisions well.
● You have deep empathy for customers and other humans.
● You have great attention to detail.
● Experience with creating journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
● Working knowledge of relevant design software eg. Figma, Adobe CS and experience with Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software.
● You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your digital product and interaction work.
● You have experience working to solve difficult problems and deliver compelling products.
● You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You share suggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailed instructions.
● You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is valued.
● Experience in designing for Connected TV.
● Experience of designing Sport / Kids products.
● Experience in designing Video on Demand products / OTT services.
● Experience applying User-Centred Design processes across multiple platforms/ technologies.
An online design portfolio of case studies is required for consideration. When showcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 9 February 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Closing 4 April 2023
Digital Product Design Lead
Closing 7 February 2023
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.