The product designer will be involved with the full design process from analyzing business problems to designing solutions and supporting throughout the implementation. You will work closely with user researchers to gain user insights, identify opportunities, validate concepts, and socialize ideas across the team. You will effectively communicate, defend, and build consensus around concepts and direction. You are experienced at coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams and communicating interaction design considerations to different audiences, including engineers, management and potential customers. You will work closely with the wider design team to create solutions that meet and exceed strategic objectives.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mock-ups.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Measuring recently released product features to establish benchmarks and identify potential areas of improvement.
- Working closely with user research to implement evidence-based design.
- Facilitating cross-disciplinary workshops supporting co-design within a design-thinking process.
- Developing and contributing to design systems to guide the wider organisation.
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers.
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
Skills and Experience:
- It is assumed that the candidate will be an experienced designer with several years of relevant work experience.
- Good at communicating user needs to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Understanding a range of prototyping tools and what to use when.
- Experience of agile development processes and how to effectively integrate design with a development team.
- Experience of facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of how to work with user researchers to both guide questions and utilize findings.
- Ability to implement methods to measure and report the impact of design changes.
- Previous experience of finding participants, devising and conducting usability testing sessions.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, persistent and focused on the end results.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships. Working with colleagues across all areas of the organization and beyond to achieve one mission.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, confident working with individuals at all levels.
- Good at influencing, driving impact and implementing change.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage through conflict.
It would be desirable but not required if the candidate has experience in any of the following:
- Mentoring colleagues.
- Agile development methodology.
- 3D modelling packages.
- 3D CAD applications.
Join our Digital World!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 January 2023
- perm, remote
£38,000 to 40,000 per annum
Graphic Designer with Digital Experience Manager - Accenture Creative
Closing 31 January 2023
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.