Your comprehensive knowledge of product design will at its core enable our product team to build better products. We want to ensure that every product or new feature we build, fits the needs of the Harvey Nichols customer. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and need to keep a cool head under pressure. It goes without saying that you are a talented and creative individual who will be motivated by working within a forward-thinking digital team.
What you'll be doing:
- Research the market & customer needs to identify opportunities for new products.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing Harvey Nichols products across the e-commerce ecosystem using customer feedback and behavioural data.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
Responsibilities within the Product Team:
- Identify customer issues and outline possible solutions.
- Support the validation of new ideas and run ideation workshops to create new Product Backlog Items.
- Wireframe solutions to customer problems so the team can collaborate more efficiently.
- Test and validate solutions with customer groups.
- Create clear MVPs aligned with the business strategy.
- Provide high fidelity mock-ups for final designs.
- Analyse how a new product satisfies market needs and customer preferences.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
A bit about your experience:
- You should be completely obsessed with the customer and solving their pain points.
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Experience using Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfortable analysing data from Google Analytics.
- Good understanding of how HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) works and how it is applied in the product design workflow.
- Previous experience in an e-commerce product design role (or similar) within a (preferably) fashion or lifestyle luxury brand.
A bit about you:
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve.
- You should enjoy challenging the norm but be able to compromise when necessary to progress feature or improvement.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional development and business teams.
- A creative, passionate nature with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
All your hard work, rewarded:
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance.
Closing 20 January 2021
Senior UX Designer
Closing 8 December 2020
- Manchester and Newcastle
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.