Who we are:
Brightly is a leading provider of cloud-based operations management software to optimize facilities, assets, and workflow. We empower our clients and our people, combining innovative technology with operational insight to transform the places we learn, live, heal, work, and play. We’re both proud and humbled to play a role in the daily operations of so many clients, and we look forward to continually drive innovation, efficiency and safety throughout the markets we serve.
About the job:
This role mixes both product and UX design and is part of a highly effective team of designers, but unique in that it is the only design position based in the UK. You will be required to occasionally travel to our Chatham location with the majority of time being remote or hybrid. You will be partnered with a US based designer to focus on a key effort supporting our products in the Enterprise Asset Management space. This means that you get the support of a larger design team, the mentorship of a working closely with a senior designer, and enough autonomy to work in the way that you find most productive.
You will be working closely with Product and Engineering to determine the best solutions to meet the needs of our clients and of the business, and you will own the design process from beginning to end. This role will have a mix of green field design work, creating UIs and experiences for our clients that don’t exist today, but also ensuring that we are releasing timely updates to some of our current products to ensure that we are serving the clients we have today as well as the ones we want tomorrow.
The Product Designer is a key member of the Product Design team and is expected to be able to untangle large, complicated problems, and find simple and elegant solutions. This role brings the voice of the user into the designs for a crucial, high-growth product in our portfolio and will be interfacing with internal stakeholders, product, engineering, and our clients in a variety of industries.
Furthermore, just as important as your background is who you are as a person. You will join a design team and work with cross-functional teams globally. Brightly is a growing company with tremendous opportunity for a designer to have an outsized impact on the products and how those products can help the hard-working people in manufacturing, education, healthcare, and government. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, look no further.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shape the user experience and design for one or more products in our portfolio.
- Create mockups, wireframes and prototypes to communicate the design with product and engineering teams.
- Initiate usability tests with users to validate high risk designs before the feature is implemented and adjust the designs based on feedback.
- Work with Product Managers to identify the UX needs for the features on the roadmap and the constraints for the design.
- Collaborate with product managers to understand the requirements and the business value. Provide designs that meet the business goals.
- Collaborate with developers to build delightful experiences that are feasible. Understands the technology behind the products enough to have meaningful conversations with developers about feasibility.
- Understands the markets we serve and has deep understanding of the users in the markets. Creates user personas for the markets and the roles.
- Conduct User research to understand the user problem behind the product feature and provide solutions that exceed their expectations.
- Solve complex usability problems and provides designs that work for multiple markets and roles.
- Create reusable visual and interaction design patterns that can translate easily between multiple products in our portfolio.
- Understand the company goals and provides designs that meet the company’s business goals and timelines.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment supporting 1 or more products.
What does success look like?
- You understand our users and work to ensure the user needs are met. You visit our clients and immerse yourself in their problems and challenges. You understand their work environments and how our products help them achieve their goals.
- You communicate directly and regularly with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand our users’ workflows, mindsets, and experiences using our products. You serve as a voice of the user, incorporating user feedback into the designs. You work closely with other User Experience and Design counterparts to deliver a high-quality user experience. You validate your design assumptions by testing the designs with the users.
- You actively listen to the feedback from colleagues in Product Design, Product Managers, Client Services and other management roles. You initiate collaborative design sessions with product and engineering to ensure the design meets the business requirements and is technically feasible.
What you need:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience designing complex enterprise products on a SaaS platform, marketplace, or other software-led product in an agile B2B environment.
- Experience designing Web applications and Mobile apps.
- Expert in using design tools like Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch and knows when to use these tools as well at the right fidelity at the right time to best communicate design ideas to a specific audience.
- Strong examples of work that demonstrate knowing when to use which parts of the design process needed to move the work forward.
- Experience working with product development and engineering teams.
- Experience conducting interactive design sessions with product and engineering.
- Ability to understand the business goals and provide designs that meet them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Graphic Design or other related fields.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Confident, without an ego, to have both the conviction and willingness to make design decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions.
- Ability to overcome setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved—must be resourceful, creative and innovative. Works independently and is passionate about the work. Highly creative and uses creative thinking to solve user problems.
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction.
We are always looking for people that bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire innovation that runs through everything we do. At the core of our unique culture are our people – so we expect our candidates to have all the “right stuff”. If you are a big thinker, have a passion for technology and great people, embrace creativity, and are genuine in both words and actions, then get ready to do something incredible.
Join our team and shine brightly!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Lead UX Designer
Closing 5 April 2023
- Johnson Matthey
Closing 22 May 2023
- Merlin Entertainments
Senior UX Designer
Closing 27 May 2023
- Maersk Line
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.