ADECCO South Wales are looking for a Product Designer for their client in Blackwood.
The company is an industry leader in the manufacture of Infection Control and Harm Reduction products.
The client's product range is constantly widening to ensure they can offer the best solutions to their customers! This role will support the business, assisting in a wide range of activities from new product development to onsite manufacturing support.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual, who has previous experience in a product/industrial design or an engineering role. You must have sound knowledge of CAD modelling software (preferably Inventor), of document control, and of layout design through use of Adobe suite (Illustrator and InDesign).
We are looking for someone with a demonstrable experience of design work in product development from concept to production, and a good understanding of a range of material and manufacturing processes.
Primarily office based, with flexibility for working from home.
* Design and develop innovative solutions for the safe disposal of sharps and clinical waste, that meet current regulatory framework.
* Create samples and working models for design testing, either by hand or using CAD prototyping equipment.
* Focus on design for manufacturing including the development of efficient packaging options for NPD products, considering operator ease of packing, cost, and palletisation.
* Maintain accurate testing reports and present ideas to colleagues and customers at various stages of the design process.
* Set design and performance requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners.
* Own and maintain documentation required to satisfy quality management systems for product development and change control processes.
* Review and improve the design of existing products.
* Review competitor products and market trends, to help identify unique selling points.
* Ensure attention to detail, rectification of design error, and cost control when engaging in design work.
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedule, cost, and quality controls.
* Project manage assigned projects and provide leadership for multidisciplinary core team meetings to ensure project progression.
* Assist the planning, tracking, and implementation of projects in alignment with the Stage Gate process.
* Arrange meetings and liaise with engineers and other departments, including marketing, to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs, and commercial issues.
* Work alongside the regulatory and quality teams to ensure product compliance in the relevant markets.
* Design and maintain product labelling, meeting regulatory requirements.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Want more Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more CAD Manager jobs, CAD Technician jobs, Industrial Design Engineer jobs, Industrial Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Model Maker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.