Product Designer UX and UI
This is a role for a confident designer with strategic experience, to develop and grow engaging, cutting edge digital products. An exciting chance to help define the user experiences of the future, and drive innovation within a global company.
Where you fit:
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our new innovation hubs at Shell, as a Product Designer. Here, we take pride in doing things differently – by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centred and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways.
Taking on a role as a champion of design to showcase the value of experience and interaction design, you’ll get the chance to work with a huge variety of potential projects and digital products across the business. You’ll be challenged to think innovatively, with the opportunity to get involved at all stages, from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
What’s the role?
As Product Designer, you’ll be working in a fast moving, rapidly changing and dynamic environment, with your primary focus to lead design work across a range of projects and products. It’s a refreshingly diverse role with responsibilities that range widely, from developing research techniques, to facilitating workshops, to crafting prototypes and experiences.
To succeed you’ll need to showcase your hands-on skills alongside your strategic. A holistic thinker, you’ll be passionate about your craft, as you work closely with technical and development teams to promote a balanced approach to project work and product build, resolve business problems and identify new opportunities through design thinking.
Plus, your excellent communication skills will see you nurturing collaboration with a range of stakeholders, confidently illustrating the value that design can bring to business, and presenting effectively through storytelling and visuals at every level of the company.
More specific duties will include:
- Carrying out appropriate research and identify user cases, acceptance criteria, content and requirements.
- Producing working documentation, including experience guidelines, wireframes, UX flows, and prototypes.
- Developing and running prototype testing sessions; testing of design components and flows, and information hierarchy validation.
What we need from you:
We expect you’ll be highly independent, with an ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and embrace new ways of working and thinking. Beyond that, we’re keen to talk to men and women with the right design experience and as many of the following on your CV:
- Experience which extends from ‘design’ into human centred innovation as well an appreciation of business rigour.
- An understanding of service design practices.
- Knowledge of product management and Agile ways of working.
- An understanding or appreciation of digital development and technology.
- An ability to keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design, with a passion to utilise the latest practices and tools.
An innovative place to work:
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work:
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work:
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior UX Designer - Mobile
Closing 11 December 2019
Closing 10 December 2019
Want more Product Designer UX and UI jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.