Product Designer - Sports Equipment
At Frasers Group we’re rethinking retail. Through digital innovation and unique store experiences, we’re serving our consumers with the world’s best sports, premium and luxury brands globally. As a leader in the industry, we’re elevating the retail experience for our consumers through our collection of established brands, including Sports Direct, FLANNELS, USC, Frasers, and GAME.
As part of our Commercial Division you will be integral to the success of the business, a key part of ensuring that our customers have the best product to meet their needs, at the most valuable price, at the right time. Every team within the Commercial Division has a critical part to play in this, from designing the best products to ensuring that our stores have the right amount of stock to meet consumer need.
A Frasers Group Product Designer reacts to sales information and enhances continuity products while developing new products to meet the needs of customers and drive the best commercial outcomes for Frasers. Working on brands such as Sondico and Slazenger to create a diverse range of products from Slazenger tennis rackets or cricket bats to Sondico shin pads and goal keep gloves.
They report into the Head of Design and also produce accurate specification artwork and tech packs for submission to the factories. They brief suppliers to deliver the best products at the best price for Frasers, manage sampling meetings and present their range to the Commercial Managers.
- Research, analyse and develop current products commercially but innovatively
- Create, develop and design new ranges for the relevant brand
- Create and maintain brand consistency with brand and customer profiles across all product groups
- Deliver innovative product designs that are; functional, commercial and relevant to the brand
- Liaising and supporting senior designers, factories and suppliers to ensure relevant research, range plans, tech packs and development are clearly communicated
- Previous experience in a design discipline. Experience in sports equipment or hard goods is preferable but not desired
- Excellent knowledge in full Adobe Suite (illustrator and Photoshop are a must).
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts
- Confidence in identifying problems and making improvement suggestions
- Project Management experience - proven track record of delivering complex projects.
- Track record of using knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Track record of managing & delivering to time and cost
- Experience in managing large volumes of SKUs
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
• Think without limits and take the team with you
• Own it and back yourself
• Don't hesitate and act now
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Designer - Clothing
Closing 17 January 2023
- perm, remote, temp to perm
£Competitive plus benefits
Middle Weight Digital Designer
Closing 5 December 2022
Closing 2 January 2023
- Sports Direct
Want more Product Designer - Sports Equipment jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.