Product Design Team Lead - Back Office
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 400 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Lisbon, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
We are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and experienced Lead level Designer that can shape product strategy and direction within the front-end responsive web platform of the business and lead a team to create exciting and useful experiences for our global customer base.
You will be a creative thinker who can envision how users experience our products and bring that vision to life! The vision will be intuitive, inspired and revolutionary. You will understand and consider the users’ needs at every stage of design and development, maintaining UX at the heart of our product. You will be passionate about UX and product design and champion this across the business.
What You’ll do:
- Build and lead a team with a focus on innovation and excellence in design;
- Own and deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences across the website;
- Follow ideas through from conception to execution and so strong experience in visual design or user interface engineering is a must, as well as a solid understanding of UCD/HCI principles;
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and developers.
Who You Are:
- Curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive;
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar.
- Experienced in leading and delivering user-centered design projects across multifunction disciplines;
- Experienced in working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus;
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills;
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required.
- Proficient in English (both written and spoken).
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following...
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.
To apply please follow the link:
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Product Design Team Lead - Back Office jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.