Product Design Specialist (Digital: BT Business)
This role will sit within BT Business and will be part of the digital transformation of online services that help and support our business customers of all sizes and provide seamless online journeys to help them get to where they need to be.
BT Group’s Digital unit is leading BT Group’s digital transformation, driving service innovation and delivering the products and services our customers need to support their own goals fast, and at scale.
You'll have the following accountabilities:
- Developing UI for digital products leveraging and informing reusable/scalable design patterns.
- Crafting digital-first experiences, typically using existing solutions that achieve commercial goals.
- Improving the user experience of a product from conception to launch – Through collaboration & partnership with product managers, engineers, user researchers and content designers.
- Within BT’s design systems and standards, you will contribute to the design of end-to-end user flows and experiences.
- Implementing strategic decisions around the future direction of BT’s products and wider product design strategy.
- Promoting a customer focused way of thinking and working across the business.
- Supporting the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities to improve the design team processes, ensuring a consistent and coherent process to manage design quality and collaboration across teams.
- Developing user experience designs and prototypes at any level of fidelity needed independently, while being as lean and outcome focused as possible.
As a specialist, there's more to the role:
- Keep designers on track, following the direction set by managers and heads of discipline.
- Deputise for the research manager at meetings.
- Understand all research work across an entire alliance.
- Provide design community leadership such as events and crits.
- Support on cross-alliance initiatives, such as messaging guides and major launches
- Focus on quality through peer reviews and mentorship
- Influence conversations with stakeholders early to shape the experience for users.
- Help create an environment where design squads are creatively supported and encouraged to deliver great work.
- Support the roll out of new tools and initiatives within their alliance.
- Play a role in recruitment to ensure we have the right people and skills.
You'll have the following skills & experience:
We want the best people with the best talent to work with us at BT Business, so don't be put off if you don't feel you meet 100% of these requirements. If you think you're the right fit, we want to hear from you.
- You have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating a user centred and data driven design approach.
- Successful track record of delivering end-to-end design projects within an AGILE, multi-disciplined delivery team.
- Proven commercial experience of accessibility management considerations, effective user journey mapping and wider strategic vision around user experience.
- Expert in user experience influenced interaction design and user interface design (UX/UI) – Preferably following LEAN principles.
- Demonstrable understanding of user centred research (focus groups, workshops) and the ability to use that data to influence the creation of elegant prototypes.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- 50% off EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV with TNT Sports and NOW Entertainment
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
Our leadership standards:
I inspire and build trust through self-awareness, honesty and integrity.
I take the right decisions that benefit the broader organisation.
Delivering for the customer:
I execute brilliantly on clear priorities that add value to our customers and the wider business.
I demonstrate strong commercial focus, bringing an external perspective to decision-making.
Looking to the future:
I experiment and identify opportunities for growth for both myself and the organisation.
Building for the future:
I build diverse future-ready teams where all individuals can be at their best.
How to apply:
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
What we stand for:
We believe in a completely personal environment, where you’re treated like you want to be treated. We’re committed to working together to build a community where everyone feels they belong. Whatever your age, race, sexuality, disability, religion or gender identity, we recognise and celebrate our differences and embrace diversity at all levels. Everyone is welcome at BT Group.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Designer - Tailoring (Menswear)
Closing 30 November 2023
Assistant Designer - Menswear
Closing 1 December 2023
Designer - Home Accessories, Wall Art and Hard Goods
Closing 12 December 2023
Want more Product Design Specialist (Digital: BT Business) jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.