Product Design Manager, Design Systems
Twitter is looking for experienced Design Managers to lead the design teams responsible for product design systems in both our Consumer Products and Revenue Products. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, this person will manage and develop a team of sophisticated and creative design professionals and foster a culture of product design-led thinking to enable Twitter to reach its business goals. This person will influence and evolve the design and creative development processes across the organization.
This role can be based in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, DC, Atlanta, Austin, or in any one of our US offices.
What You'll Do:
You will bring a mix of strong management experience, ‘Design-Thinking’ methodologies, design system knowledge, talent, expertise, and innovative product insights to the role. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment.
You will foster cross-functional collaboration and consistency by working closely with product managers and engineers to shape the vision and define the roadmap for our products. You will partner with our Research team to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design. You will always champion user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and develop a team of world-class designers and creatives.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing leadership to drive Twitter’s growth as the public conversation layer of the internet.
- Provide design creative direction and evolve our brand.
- Bring operational rigor and workflow excellence to managing the function including resourcing decisions.
- Communicate effectively design decisions based on user research, content strategy, usability, and design
- Bring a high level of design standards, practice, and aesthetics to all design solutions and executions.
- Lead projects from concept through completion.
- Know design holistic strategies and solutions across all mediums.
- 6-10 years experience in a fast-paced and dynamic design environment.
- Bold vision and passion for great design.
- 3+ years experience managing design teams, and collaborating effectively with engineering managers and product leaders.
- Experience with dashboard design and business UX.
- Track record of building and implementing sustainable and scalable product design frameworks, creating design systems and componentization.
- Consistent track record of coaching talented designers to achieve their best performance.
- Experience directing both the visual and interaction design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms.
- A diverse portfolio across web and mobile, that reflects critical thinking and design excellence.
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Closing 6 June 2020
- New York
Closing 6 June 2020
- San Francisco, San Jose
Want more Product Design Manager, Design Systems jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.