Product Design Lead
At bp, we're striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. A career in digital design is an opportunity to transform the present and invent the future.
bphxd (human experience design) are designing the future of digital and sustainable products putting humans at the heart of everything we do. Our collective mission to is transform bp to a more efficient business in pursuit of our net zero ambition. This may involve developing new businesses, products, and services, or enhancing existing offers, while having space to develop your skills in all kinds of new and exciting ways.
The Product Design Lead is a vital member of the Design discipline. You will promote our design standards and support the team in developing and maintaining them as the foundation for crafting cohesive experiences. Your role will be ‘hands-on’ as an Individual Contributor designing products within a Discovery Squad.
You are passionate about building outstanding experiences and thinking deeply about people and the experiences we create, making them better for humans, our business, and the planet. You are a leader who cares about developing junior Product Designers while actively inputting into our discipline to continually improve the quality of our practice.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary discovery squad, you will be working to uncover opportunities for product development, identifying, quantifying the value, and validating potential solutions with customers.
- From experience mapping to prototyping solutions, working closely with UX Research to validate concepts quickly.
- You will create rapid designs of varying degrees of fidelity from sketches and wireframes through to high-fidelity prototypes.
- You will leverage existing libraries and work with Design Engineering to identify potential design system patterns.
- Working with data – qualitative and quantitative – to inform all design decisions
- Driving a user-first mentality and a design thinking methodology into everything you do. A passionate advocate of putting the user front and center with user-informed design decisions.
- Actively coach, train, and inspire change for product design across bp.
A successful candidate should have experience working as a Product Design Leader on an in-house Design team or at a Design agency. Your portfolio should highlight your approach to problem-solving coupled with your skills in research, user experience, and design.
- Experienced communicator, empowering and educating your team and partners on product design, including product-line concepts, narratives, and customer value propositions.
- Strong skills in visual design subject areas (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout) and an advocate and champion for design system usage and Product Design quality
- Knowledge of various research methods, how to structure research and essential tests to reduce the risk of confirmation and other types of bias impacting the results.
- Ability to communicate critical insights cross-functionally to crucial partners, always advocating for the user.
- Ability to articulate your design decisions based on user value and the problems they solve for the business.
- Ability to effectively consolidate and communicate key findings and insights cross-functionally to critical partners, actively engaging with the product team and advocating for the user.
- Ability to represent a design philosophy and principles.
- An advocate and active user of the Design Thinking process and methodology to deliver superior user outcomes: planning, executing, and implementing the end-to-end process.
- Knowledge of Agile or Lean UX or product methodologies and experience working in a collaborative, agile environment is a plus.
Why join bp:
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and ambitious environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options (60% office, 40% remote), a generous compensation package, paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 14 April 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Want more Product Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.