Product Design Lead (UX/UI)
Are you a UX/UI design specialist, looking for an opportunity to help expand a design team within a highly successful tech company? Would you enjoy being strategic and conducting research, as well as being hands-on with design? If you're looking for a challenging role with the freedom to help grow the design offering in an exciting and innovative company, you will find this role of great interest!
Our client is an innovative tech company based in the heart of Warwickshire. They bring together the best-in-class software engineering with financial expertise to create unique digital products for the financial advice sector. They are forward-thinking, creative and hugely dedicated towards creating the best digital experiences for their customers. Their modern and spacious office houses their talented and passionate team including software engineers, product specialists, client and customer service managers, analysts, advice specialists, and a small yet growing design team. You will find approachable and genuinely friendly people here! They bring an amazing energy into their company culture to create a fun, hard-working environment. The company offers excellent benefits including flexible working.
As a Product Design Lead, you will report to the Product Director and work alongside and mentor a UX Designer. This is a new role with a small design team and you will be core to the expansion of the team as mentor and leader. As a hands-on design generalist, you will use your expert skills in UX and UI design, and refined skills in user research and service design, to deliver beautiful and engaging mobile and web interfaces. You will actively conduct research, create and validate ideas, create prototypes and make confident recommendations. This will involve visualising and prototyping concepts fast to communicate ideas. You will take a wide strategic view of problems, seek multiple inputs and solutions and challenge the thinking of your colleagues.
With your senior level experience, you will champion progressive ways of working to drive both commercial and design value with the ability to simplify complexity.
- You consider yourself an accomplished UX/UI Designer with proven experience working on things that exist in the real world, with deep knowledge and expertise in user experience, research and product design and a portfolio of beautifully crafted mobile and web interfaces to support this
- You love being hands on and believe Designers shouldn't be separated from the reality of making things
- You are a strong communicator and natural storyteller - comfortable, confident and competent at managing and directing individuals and teams, including giving and receiving quality feedback in equal measures
- You can frame and communicate challenges and opportunities to others and create alignment on a way forward
- You have a clear understanding of when to experiment and where to use defined solutions
- You have experience with projects that have not always followed the status quo, and can demonstrate times you have challenged dominant design perspectives and broken new ground where traditional design paradigms didn't make sense
- You have an exceptional understanding of how behaviour and context impacts design
- You have successful stories about how you have helped others to develop, both in their craft and soft skills
Get in touch!
If you feel this Product Design Lead role is the challenge you are looking for, please send your CV. If you don't have your CV to hand right now, please send us a note expressing your interest in the first instance and we can take it from there!
Senior Creative Artworker
Closing 9 August 2018
- Beyond The Book
- Competitive + benefits
Closing 14 August 2018
- Beyond The Book
- Leamington Spa
Want more Product Design Lead (UX/UI) jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Design Manager jobs, Studio Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.