Product Design Director
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping users stay informed, inform others and discuss what matters.
Twitter is looking for a product design director to lead the design team responsible for our core advertising products and services.
The Twitter Design family envisions the products that fuel Twitter’s mission to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences. We believe in building strong relationships, surpassing expectations, and having fun along the way.
Who You Are:
You are a business-oriented design leader. You will bring a mix of strong management experience, team investment, ‘Design-Thinking’ methodologies, design system knowledge, talent, expertise, and innovative product insights to the role. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment.
You will foster cross-functional and cross product area collaboration and consistency by working closely with product managers and engineers to shape the vision and define the roadmap for our products. You will partner with our Research team to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design. You will always champion user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- 12-15+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced and dynamic cross functional environment.
- Specialized knowledge and skills in digital advertising or a proven track record of deep immersion into a complex business area.
- A master at designing simple, easy-to-use, well crafted products that provide a value to our customers.
- An expert at using the appropriate tools, systems, and processes for the problem.
- Raises the bar for creativity, craft, quality, and documentation.
- Works autonomously and regularly leads creative workshops, crits, and reviews with partners.
- Coordinates the resolution of larger scope issues. Is an active leader in crits and cross-functional reviews.
- Moves fluidly between product and system projects to improve Twitter broadly.
- Track record of producing high impact results for large scope projects.
- A track record of delivering valuable solutions for our customers.
- Leader across business orgs in Design & Research skills, customer focus, and product contributions.
- Leads projects that inform our strategic direction.
- Sets the standard for creating forward-looking design strategies and roadmaps for new products.
- Proactively identifies and pursues new opportunities for investment.
- Expert understanding of our customer needs, the competitive landscape, emerging technology, and market trends.
- Leads work that achieves impact for our customers and our company objectives.
- Drives product and business impact in the D&R org, and in the Consumer or Revenue orgs.
- Demonstrates an owners mindset towards Twitter.
- Leverages their familiarity with Twitter to accomplish scalable impact by one or more of the following: up-leveling peers, supporting peers in their design work, or supporting their designs.
- Leads multiple teams to create holistic strategies for how the product portfolio of a business org will advance over the long term.
- Leads partners to develop creative solutions for bringing new products to market."
- A known expert at how our customers use Twitter and competitive social media platforms.
- Partners with others to solve the most challenging problems with Twitter products, or enables others to solve many such issues. Demonstrated ability to assist others with diagnosing or root-causing problems.
- Drives large-scale changes to business organizations. Drives ideas and changes that improve Twitter as a company.
- Challenges executive leaders across the company in a respectful manner. Leads work that disrupts the way our company thinks and functions.
- A frequent leader for the Design & Research team at org all hands and company events.
- Expands and defends the reputation of Twitter and the D&R team on Twitter, at conferences, and community events.
- Mentors other Designers & Researchers in design skills, leadership skills, org impact.
- Lead others through change and ambiguity.
- Champion our values and hold others accountable for demonstrating them.
- Embrace and encourage diverse perspectives to inspire product thinking.
- Hire and invest in the right people to build effective teams.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Senior Visual Designer
Closing 3 June 2020
- Research Triangle (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Closing 3 June 2020
- San Jose
Want more Product Design Director jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.