Product Design Director, WhatsApp
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers. Candidates must have strong mentoring and communication skills. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design. Candidates must also have strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Candidates will be natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships and creating a path to success for the people you manage. You thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. You should also be excited about staying hands-on with product design when necessary, evolving design standards and experiences.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Drive product design with a team of world-class designers, engineers, product managers, analysts and UX researchers.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Establish a strong, collaborative design practice with a healthy feedback culture.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Senior people management, team development, and recruiting experience.
- Being a WhatsApp user yourself and understand how it is used by people around the world.
- 8+ years of experience working collaboratively with engineering, design and user research teams.
- Organizational and analytical experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design.
- Passion for and experience in designing for global audiences and people in emerging markets.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 16 December 2020
- Octopus Group
- £Competitive package
Closing 14 November 2020
Want more Product Design Director, WhatsApp jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.