Product Design Director - Self-Serve Advertising technology
Spotify’s Advertising BU aims to deliver beautiful, powerful, and intuitive products that help advertisers and publishers thrive within our listener ecosystem. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make advertising amazing through Spotify for both brands and the people they strive to reach through our music and podcast offerings.
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead our Self-Serve experiences within the Amplify Mission. Amplify is the team that builds Spotify’s advertising engine. We provide tools and services to help Advertisers and Publishers thrive and create meaningful connections between brands and people. Our mission is to connect millions of brands and marketers to billions of fans -- paving the way for a balanced and scaled global Spotify business, allowing even more creators to make a living off of their art.
This leadership position will help us build an inspiring and industry-setting self-serve experience for advertisers. The position requires experience and passion for building systems for scale, deep design thinking knowledge, a service design mentality, and servitude leadership that will inspire the next generation of enterprise product design. The Director of Product Design for Self-Serve will lead a team of Managers and Senior ICs supporting ongoing product improvements as well as developing future-forward visions and strategies.
This role reports to the Global Head of Design for Advertising within the Amplify Mission. Amplify Design is the creative backbone of what will become the industry standard for self-serve and enterprise advertising in the audio space. We are a team of specialists who enable outstanding business experiences at scale. We are system problem solvers, craftspeople, and passionate creatives. We listen and build; empowering advertisers and publishers with exceptional customer experiences.
What you'll do:
- You will lead a distributed and mostly NYC-based team of product designers and product design managers, which will include both hardworking practitioners and experienced leaders.
- You are responsible for scaling the team and enabling a healthy organizational structure in collaboration with Senior Management and the Product Leadership.
- You will lead creatives through best practices, attention to detail, and sometimes unconventional thinking, to ensure business impact.
- You will deliver a top-class experience for advertisers using the self-serve interface.
- You will drive work to leverage our design system, build UX frameworks, and advocate for the priority of reusability at scale
- You will collaborate closely with your product, insights, and tech counterparts to shape a customer-backed and data-informed vision for the user experience of our self-serve advertising products and can translate this into an inspiring Design Strategy for your team.
- You will set a high bar for performance, identify and grow leaders within the design team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- You will act as the subject matter expert on product design in the Self-Serve Advertising space, innovating and scaling our tools and ecosystem from the ground up.
Who you are:
- You have 7-10+ years of experience leading design teams through building large-scale solutions. This should include mentoring and leading managers. Bonus points for experience and wins in ad tech and/or enterprise design.
- You’re comfortable working in spaces with some ambiguity and defer to data-driven execution and testing.
- You are passionate about design and what it can do for the music, content, and technology industries.
- You’re a fantastic storyteller. You have the communication skills to ensure healthy cross-functional work with internal collaborators and external partners alike. You thrive when developing great people and great products.
- You have a broad product design background and are well-versed in customer-backed and data-informed product design and development.
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues.
- You’re seen as a true creative who is customer-obsessed, collaborative, transparent, passionate, and playful. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands our culture, will thrive within it, and will help shape it as it evolves.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone.
Our global benefits:
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify:
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Other jobs you may be interested in
User Researcher - Content Experiences
Closing 14 March 2022
- perm, from remote
Lead Product Designer - Developer Platform
Closing 12 March 2022
- perm, from remote
Head of Design Operations
Closing 15 March 2022
- perm, from remote
$120,000 per annum
Want more Product Design Director - Self-Serve Advertising technology jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.