Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
An exciting opportunity has opened for an outstanding Producer to join our games team. If you’re looking for a pivotal position that will put you at the core of game development, in which your influence could drive our team forward, then keep reading!
At Rare, we pride ourselves on doing things beyond the realms of normal gaming. As our Producer, you would be able to view challenges in a project as something to overcome rather than shy away from. With your help, milestones will be broken down into manageable steps and communication across the team will be clear and concise. Our ideal person will also be able to recognise where we can facilitate better practice and drive those changes with the Production team.
This opportunity is perfectly suited to an individual who is adaptable, not afraid to explore ideas, suggest change, or be receptive to it and you’re comfortable working in ambiguous situations. If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
- Be the go-to production team member for day-to-day project development.
- Assist the Senior Producer with the ongoing implementation and maintenance of project-wide production processes
- Identify and drive better practices alongside the Production team.
- Work with discipline leads and the wider dev team to break down milestones and features efficiently and to the right level of detail.
- Ensure that changes within project delivery plans and day-to-day development are managed and communicated appropriately to all stakeholders.
- Work with leads to deliver features that will add the most value to our players.
- Guide the dev team in successfully mastering our task tracking software within the framework of our production processes.
- Ensure clear communication across the studio via team updates, up-to-date documentation, and meetings.
- Promote a positive work environment which enables the team to do their best work.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, with fantastic soft skills and a growth mindset. If some of these describe you, please get in touch:
- A self-starter, motivated by the team and the project.
- Able to view production as a facilitator role. Work with the team to represent their views, as well as leadership’s.
- Experience in a production or project management role. We are open to consider those coming from industries other than games!
- An objective mindset. You can listen to all perspectives and shape a view on where and how decisions can be made, even in complex situations.
- A problem solver. Able to see challenges and address them head-on, and encourage the team to be problem solvers, too.
- Eager to explore ideas and the unknown, and comfortable with change.
- Focus on feedback. You are honest, and constructive in your communications and you seek out feedback with an open mind and a desire to constantly strive to be better.
- A team player who can strive to build rapport. An active listener and keen to help teams to communicate in an inclusive and positive manner.
- BONUS – You understand:
- Task tracking software.
- Different game development methodologies.
- Delivering a game as a service.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Want more Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.