Producer for Creative Industries Innovation Programme for Cardiff University
Cardiff has been recognised as one of nine creative clusters in the UK. Clwstwr Creadigol is a multi-million pound investment which will place innovation at the core of media production in the capital. The five-year innovation programme will work in partnership with the screen industry to research and develop new products, services and experiences. We are looking for a team of four enthusiastic Producers who will curate activity in screen innovation and/or news innovation. This is an opportunity to work within a dynamic new team that will be at the cutting edge of innovation in the creative industries. Join us.
Producers are at the forefront of delivering Clwstwr Creadigol. They will set up, curate and oversee a range of R&D programmes to create innovative new products, services and experiences in the Welsh screen sector. Applicants will need to be resilient, enthusiastic problem solvers, with excellent skills in communication, networking and managing relationships between different creative businesses, sectoral agencies and universities.
Clwstwr Creadigol is an exciting and ambitious new initiative funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council and Welsh Government, involving a wide range of creative industry partners across South Wales. Led by Cardiff University In partnership with the University of South Wales and Cardiff Metropolitan University, Clwstwr Creadigol will develop a Screen Innovation System and a News Innovation Lab. These will house a series of innovative R&D programmes with companies in the screen (and screen-related) sector. The aim is to create a range of new products, services and experiences, and to embed a culture of innovation in the creative industries in South Wales. Clwstwr Creadigol will also build a model for promoting growth and prosperity in the Welsh screen and screen-related industries, building on the success of the Welsh screen sector and moving it from strength to global leadership.
We are recruiting for 3 x full-time posts and 1 x part-time post, as follows:
Full-time (35 hours per week) and fixed term until March 2022.
Salary: £33,199 - £39,609 per annum (Grade 6)
Part-time post (21 hours per week), also for a fixed term period until March 2022.
Salary: £33,199 - £39,609 per annum, pro-rata for hours worked (Grade 6)
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
- Identify creative companies and freelancers with ambitions to undertake game-changing research and development.
- Conduct development work with creative companies and freelancers to help them prepare strong applications to our R&D programmes.
- Manage the recruitment and development of expert R&D teams (including industry partners, academic researchers at the 3 partner HEIs, and consultants) to deliver new products, services and experiences.
- Lead the day to day management of R&D partnerships
- Produce monitoring and progress reports on the relationships, network and R&D projects.
- Manage contracts and finance processes relating to R&D project applications.
- Support the Clwstwr Creadigol management team in overseeing and managing the R&D programmes.
- Follow up on opportunities for new funding and investment in Clwstwr Creadigol
- Develop and curate networks of companies and freelancers in the Welsh Screen Sector and related creative industries in South Wales.
- Produce and facilitate 1-2-1 meetings and larger events for industry partners and stakeholders to promote and develop innovative potential ideas for new products, services and experiences in the Welsh Screen Sector.
- Represent Clwstwr Creadigol at events/receptions/conferences.
Qualifications and Education
- Degree / NVQ 4 or equivalent work related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the role R&D and innovation can play in the creative sector.
- Proven ability to form creative collaborations and develop and mobilize networks.
- Understanding and experience of the screen sector and or related creative industries, with particular expertise in IP and/or creative development and/or data analytics and/or news and/or innovation.
- Experience of producing complex events and/or creative activity.
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to a wide range of people.
- Proven ability to work as part of a dynamic and committed team.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Fluency in Welsh, written and oral
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant area
Want more Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Events Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Line Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Promotions Producer jobs, Series Producer jobs, Studio Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.