Producer - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
Research write and produce interstitial content for high profile RELOADED television series. Work as directed for EP Rversioned Content on new original hours created from multiple series seasons, digital material, and new live action content.
In this role, the Producer Reversion and Reloaded Content is responsible for protecting the networks’ brands by ensuring that the content is produced to the highest industry standards while being creatively on the mark and delivered according all DCL broadcast standards. Based in Silver Spring, this role partners with the Supervising Producer, Jr Graphics designer, Supervisor Post Scheduling, various editors and GT&O teams and reports to the EP Reversion Content and Reloads. Must be a creative self-starter with editorial experience and able to work under tight deadlines. Flexible hours are a must. Understanding of DCL delivery standards and process for tracking and attaining access to inventory content a must.Responsibilities:
1. Conceive, write, and produce new interstitial content for ongoing RELOADS and REVERSIONED television
2. Work hand in glove with editors, and PM reload team on a daily basis to keep projects on track while addressing all network feedback and notes.
3. Liaise on an as needed basis with digital and social teams to leverage assets and content.
4. Evaluate research, gfx design boards and provide constructive feedback to internal/external production partners
5. Responsible for overseeing edit and QC of all final masters and output delivery
6. Maintain discovery values and Discovery brand attributes in all materials.
7. Drive the creative process with external and internal partners.
8. Collaborate with programming, production, and scheduling departments.
9. Exhibit out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creativity.
* Proven expertise across a breadth of media including T.V., interstitial network branding, radio, print, and digital
* 5 to 7 years production and development in a network environment
* Excellent writing skills.
* well-rounded and up-to-date knowledge of postproduction tools and the postproduction process are essential.
* Working with and directing voice over talent is essential and must have a desire to work in a live action environment.
* Experience overseeing editors in edit sessions at production facility
* Strong editorial and good graphic design sense
* Familiarity with Avid/Final Cut editing and basic After Effects and Photoshop a plus. Or be willing to learn.
* Knowledge and experience with camera’s and live action shooting a plus
* Must be able to work well within a team and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
* Full grasp of industry practices
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, under tight deadlines and have the ability to work independently a
* possess excellent intrapersonal skills.
* Oversee digital development and all social aspects on designated projects
* Assist long form teams on series as needed
* Super written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* ability to generate new ideas.
* An independent thinker who is a team player
* Proven problem solver.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.