Print & Textile Design Studio Intern
Calling all budding Print Designers! This internship gives you the opportunity to work closely alongside the Men’s and Women’s Paul Smith, Japan Collection and PS by Paul Smith Print Design Teams. Here, you will be assisting with research, repeats, design and development of the above collections, along with carrying out general studio and administration duties.
Please note – To be eligible to apply for this internship you must meet the following criteria:
You must be in education for the duration of the internship, in other words you must remain as a student throughout the internship. Our internships are only open to those in education (undergraduates or those completing the internship as part of their MA qualification). This internship must also be a required part of your course of education, and will form a module or points towards the completion of your final Degree/MA/ course qualification.
You Will Be Exposed to:
• Working with all members of the Print Design studio on a variety of tasks. This will involve; mood & colour boards, colour cards, research, colourways, scanning and printing artwork, organising the studio space, sourcing art supplies etc.
• Updating design boards through close collaboration with the team, ensuring boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• Working on colourway options, drawings, repeats, print placements, layouts, artworks for fabric developments, t-shirt designs and membellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Assisting the Print Design Team with the delivery of special project requests; this may be in a design development or administrative capacity.
• Assisting with ensuring weekly timesheets are completed and compile monthly sickness, absence and lateness for the department.
• Undertaking required administrative tasks such as ordering stationary, photocopying, printing and scanning.
• Ensuring that all archiving for the Print Department is maintained and recorded.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree in Textile/ Print Design or Surface Pattern.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office 365.
• Knowledge of print design processes, fabric bases and colour.
• Familiar with creating design boards and an understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ideal for those who love a plan and can organise and prioritise effectively.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Being able to remain calm under pressure and work to set deadlines is also a must.
• Able to assess colour, prints and textiles whilst maintaining current knowledge of techniques, colours and trends.
• Stay flexible - anything can happen in Fashion! We may ask you to undertake UK travel as and when required.
How to Apply:
On applying please include:
• Cover Letter.
• The Job Reference number (this can be found at the top of the page).
The closing date for this role is Sunday 8th September 2019. We will begin to process applications after this date, and aim to respond to all by w/c 16th September.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
Senior Product Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Senior Product Designer, Content Platform
Closing 19 September 2019
Want more Print & Textile Design Studio Intern jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.