Print & Graphics Designer - Topman (12 month FTC)
We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
The Print Designer ensures that we have directional first to market prints for the TOPMAN customer. As a Print Designer, you will be working within a highly creative team focused on directional & speed to market print and graphics. The role is hands-on, requiring excellent technical skills and a sharp eye on trends and newness. If you love fashion print and graphics design, researching the latest trends and want to be part of a fast-paced fashion forward design team this could be the role for you.
TOPMAN is one of the UK's top fashion a destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
The Design Team look for inspiration all around the world, along with street style, vintage shopping, music, art, the catwalk and all things creative, to design the latest product for the range. It's all about newness, and finding and designing the most exciting product for our customer, whatever their style.
You will be..
- Researching, directing and designing the Menswear print and graphics areas
- You will have a strong ability to identify key print trends and print big deals for the season
- You'll draw influences from a wide range of sources - from Instagram micro trends through to seasonal global trends and catwalks - and will drive print newness through the ranges always thinking about customer segments and end uses
- Offering constant quick response print newness to the design and buying teams. You will demonstrate excellent agility, identifying trends and delivering them at speed
- You'll also have a good knowledge and understanding of working with print studios and print mills, along with excellent colour technique and fabric knowledge
- Working closely with our in-house design team, you will have responsibility for your own departments alongside the relevant clothing designers
- Reacting to sales information you will be responsible for designing commercially relevant fashion-forward prints, updating best sellers and always ensuring newness
- You should be organised and focused, adhering to the critical path to meet deadlines, ensuring product is developed within the relevant timeframe
- Proactive in identifying departmental print needs and helping to drive newness and problem solve for the areas you are responsible for
- Travelling for inspirational and comparative trends in print and graphics direction and the ability to produce comparative print and graphic trend reports
We'd love to meet, someone with:
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustator, procreate and CAD
- Previous experience in designing for an aspirational brand or a similar High Street Retailer
- Previous experience working across all print categories with a strong graphics focus i.e. placement graphics and typography.
- Ability to work across a variety of mediums. Have strong drawing skills and the ability to work across a multitude of handwritings.
- Previous experience of working with both Far East, Indian and European suppliers
- Strong commercial handwriting and understanding of the TOPMAN brand and customer
- Fashion forward-thinking and directional trend print eye
- Manages themselves in a professional manner at all times and keeps all information belonging to the company confidential
- Brilliant time management and resilience
- Highlights problems and suggests solutions, seeking practical ways to overcome barriers and remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers, wider team & senior management
- Ability to drive the Print direction and strategy of the Print department
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad for development meetings and inspirational purposes
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Graphic Designer - MW ASOS Design
Closing 3 September 2022
- ASOS plc
Closing 30 August 2022
- White Stuff
Apparel Graphic Designer
Closing 31 July 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.