More about the role:
Here, at New Look, everything that we do is for the love of fashion.
We’ve been bringing the latest fashion to the high-street since 1969. We’re now a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-fashion for women, men and teenage girls. Even after 50 years we’ve stayed true to our original mission of delivering fabulous products at a price our customers can afford.
We invented fast fashion and it’s our colleagues today that continue our journey to create a New Look that everyone loves.
It’s our values that inspire us every day - we play to win, we are customer obsessed, we work as one…and it starts with you.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our New Look team.
What does our Design team do?
We Identify and design key trends for each season and translate these into accessible, broad appeal products for our Customers. We work really closely with Buying and Merchandising to ensure we are closely aligned on what we design and how this aligns with all the great products we buy.
- To create/visualise outstanding new print designs with New Look Brand handwriting in line. Have a proven track record of designing best selling prints for a high street retailer.
- Identify key trends, working with Print & Colour Manager on seasonal overview and deliver key print trends in line with competitors.
- Confident in identifying colour trends as well as working towards in-house themes and palettes
- Designing the right print product at the right time to meet customer requirements for the sub-brand or product departments.
- Identifying and delivering detailed print trend reports covering street style, catwalk, blogs, and comp shops. Be the ‘go to’ person for print trend- always have exciting and inspiring ideas to show HO’s and wider design/buying teams.
- Re-colouring prints, original, bought and vintage into seasonal departmental colour palettes. Excellent understanding of how to re-work sourced vintage to make workable for supply base.
- Work closely with product designers to interpret each brief, collaborating on ideas and direction. Be ahead of teams- leading the way by working on the critical path and driving key dates across the business.
- Attend and participate in trend meetings throughout the season. Be confident in offering opinions and demonstrate a passion for print, colour and trend.
- Understanding the technical limitations of screen printing and producing clear print tech packs for factories to follow.
- Demonstrate a passion for coaching and mentoring the assistant and junior levels on the team. You will possess extensive technical knowledge of how to create prints and use the adobe suite. You will pass on you experience of working in retail, model behaviours and your sound understanding of New Look ways of working.
- Minimum 5yrs experience within retail/supplier network.
- Part of the in-house Design team and reporting into the Print and Colour Manager.
What You'll Need:
- You will live and breathe print and all things pattern for the New Look customer and have an excellent eye for colour and detail.
- Passion is essential!
- Ability to translate fashion trends into commercial design concepts for the New Look customer.
- Understanding of the New look customer and Business area customer strategy.
- Demonstrate a commercial understanding of print design for the high street.
- Demonstrate excellent skills within Photoshop and Illustrator. Be competent at Indesign, weave software is a plus.
- You will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the concepts of brand strategy and vision.
- Broad understanding of current competitive marketplace – ability to comparative shop effectively.
- Ability to directional shop effectively.
- Practical understanding of the production capabilities of the supply base.
- Knowledge of buying calendar (critical path).
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems, and to be fully conversant with standard business desktop applications.
- Strong strategic planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent influencing/challenging skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player, with the ability to initiate and maintain relationships with key business partners, e.g. designers, buyers, suppliers.
Why New Look?
Our internal career progression is celebrated and encouraged. Plus, we offer bonus schemes, season ticket loans, a huge staff discount of 40% and amazing deals across a number of different businesses.
Want to be a New Looker? We guessed you would! Apply now to find out more.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 30 October 2021
Closing 24 November 2021
- Market Drayton
Designer / Senior Designer, Womens Denim and Casual Seperates
Closing 24 November 2021
- River Island
- £Competitive + Benefits
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.