Who we are:
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like-minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
- A creative print designer who understands White Stuffs print handwriting and aesthetic.
- An innovative print designer who can find the right balance between creativity and commerciality with a sense of humour in the product handwriting!
- Able to create prints that are inspirational and unique, that surprise and delight our customer.
- Having experience of creating print, embroidery and embellishment artworks and understanding how to execute and translate these into production.
Primary objective of the job:
- Working as part of the print team to deliver the print handwriting in tandem with the product design team, working into relevant print trends and using new print techniques delivering innovation and driving growth to meet business KPI’s.
- Create print designs that offer newness, choice and a cohesive handwriting throughout the seasons to ensure that White Stuff stands out from the crowd and is famous for colour, print and pattern, this is imperative to make the brand look and feel different, capture new customers in the UK and international markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of the print team Identifying, developing and presenting new print and pattern opportunities within the seasonal brief.
- Create on brand unique print designs from concept stage to ready to brief spec packs in collaboration with the print lead, sharing with the wider team at sketch and swatch stages.
- Create all prints in workable repeats and colour separated layers
- Preparing factory ready print designs, liaising with, suppliers to ensure strike offs arrive on time and looking gorgeous.
- Working closely with the product design team to ensure prints developed compliment the silhouettes and the wider collections
What you’ll need:
- Relevant commercial experience working for a print studio, supplier or another retailer in a similar role
- Good organizational skills with experience of working at pace, meeting critical path deadlines.
- Excellent team player, resilient, pro-active and able to work creatively both autonomously when needed and as part of the wider design team.
- Fully CAD literate within Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint.
- Relevant technical knowledge, with experience designing into print, embroidery and embellishment concepts and translating these into factory ready artworks, repeats, colour separation and colour ways.
- Able to create factory ready print work sheets, liaising directly with factories to ensure commercial yet creative prints are actioned.
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Always keeping our customer front of mind whilst developing and designing new prints.
- Always striving to go the extra mile……obsessing about the detail from concept through to product execution.
What we will offer you:
As a Print Designer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly/Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 8 August 2023
Closing 8 August 2023
- Merlin Entertainments
£Competitive + pension
Closing 2 August 2023
Want more Print Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.