Print Designer - Collusion (2 days/wk)
The Print Designer ensures that we have directional first to market prints for the COLLUSION customer. As a Print Designer, you will be working within a highly creative team focused on directional & speed top market print and graphics. The role is hands-on requiring excellent technical skills and a sharp eye on trends and newness. If you love fashion print and graphics design, researching the latest trends and want to be part of a fast-paced fashion forward design team this could be the role for you.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
The Design Team look for inspiration all around the world, along with street style, vintage shopping, music, art, the catwalk and all things creative, to design the latest product for the range. It’s all about newness, and finding and designing the most exciting product for our 20-something customer, whatever their style.
You will be:
- Researching, directing, and designing the (Menswear/Womenswear) print and graphics areas.
- You will have a strong ability to identify key print trends and print big deals for the season.
- You’ll draw influences from a wide range of sources – from Instagram micro trends through to seasonal global trends and catwalks - and will drive print newness through the ranges always thinking about customer segments and end uses.
- Offering constant quick response print newness to the design and buying teams. You will demonstrate excellent agility, identifying trends and delivering them at speed.
- You’ll also have a good knowledge and comprehension of working with print studios and print mills, along with excellent colour and fabric knowledge.
- Working closely with our in-house design team, you will have responsibility for your own departments alongside the relevant clothing designers.
- Reacting to sales information you will be reliable for designing commercially relevant fashion-forward prints, updating best sellers and ensuring newness at all times.
- You should be organised and focused, adhering to the critical path to meet deadlines, ensuring product is developed within the relevant timeframe.
- Proactive in identifying departmental print needs and helping to drive newness and problem solve for the areas you are responsible for.
- Adept at Sourcing a variety of bohemian and vintage prints for inspiration through shopping trips and researching.
- Travelling for inspirational and comparative trends in print and graphics direction and the ability to produce comparative print and graphic trend reports.
- Working with our Design teams to create editorial prints and deliver those all-important Instagramable prints.
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Computer Skills: Photoshop, Illustator, CAD.
- Previous experience in designing for an aspirational brand or a similar High Street Retailer.
- Previous experience working across all print categories with a strong graphics focus.
- Ability to work across a variety of mediums. Have strong drawing skills and the ability to work across a multitude of handwritings.
- Previous experience of working with both Far East, Indian and European suppliers.
- Strong commercial handwriting and comprehension of the COLLUSION brand and Customer.
- Fashion forward-thinking and directional trend print eye.
- Manages themselves in a professional manner at all times and keeps all information belonging to the company confidential.
- Brilliant time management and resilience.
- Highlights problems and suggests solutions, seeking practical ways to overcome barriers and remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers, wider team & senior management.
- Ability to drive the Print direction and strategy of the Print department.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad for development meetings and inspirational purposes.
ASOS burst onto the scene in 2000 and now has 9 country-specific websites, shipping to 240 countries.
Our Head Office is based in London, along with several other key offices located around the globe, including the US, France, and Germany. We have 80,000+ product lines with 3,000+ being added every week. We have over 3.2 million visits daily and over 13 million active customers.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion destination for 20-somethings, therefore it is vitally important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
We look for people who are:
If you want to work in a place where fashion and technology make perfect partners, check out some of our opportunities and get in touch!
Want more Print Designer - Collusion (2 days/wk) jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Fashion Design Assistant jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.