Principle Technical Animator/Rigger
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
At Rocksteady Studios, the technical animation team sits at a crossroad to provide quality and support across content and animation teams. From maintaining and improving pipelines, tools and establishing standards and workflows to problem solving and debugging and providing easy and fun to use animation rigs and great deformation – there is always a variety of need from our team to make sure the teams are running as smoothly as possible.
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Principle Technical Animator/Rigger who is passionate about supporting great teams in creating awesome games.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated in learning and/or developing techniques and pipelines to improve animation, asset and rigging workflows.
- Work with other teams to create and design models, rigs and systems that works with and supports project needs and solve technical problems.
- Enhance visual quality of our assets and deformations while keeping project performance and time constraints in mind.
- Develop and integrate workflows and tools that push the quality, efficiency and adaptability of animation and art pipelines.
- Support the team and collaborate with leads to create and maintain documentation for technical animation.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the department.
- Complex rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
- Strong working knowledge in Python in Maya and coding standards and practices.
- Keen eye for anatomy and form for deformation quality.
- Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
- Experience in developing facial rigs.
- Experience working with Jira/Shotgun and their APIs.
- Programming knowledge such as C++/Maya API & Plugin Writing
- Experience in 3Ds Max and PyMax.
- Interest and experience with machine learning.
- Interest and knowledge in maths!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 19 July 2022
- Newcastle upon Tyne
Senior Motion Designer, Apple Music
Closing 17 July 2022
Closing 19 July 2022
- Electronic Arts
- Guildford, Remote
- perm, from remote
Want more Principle Technical Animator/Rigger jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Rigger jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.