Principal UX Designer
Your well-established career in UX Design has already proven just how passionate you are about bridging the gap between great digital products and real human users. It’s just one of the passions that makes you so unique. Which is why a UX Designer with your seniority will be an incredible addition to the transformative business that is Sage.
You’ll take the lead onprojects, working with a team of talented developers to imagine better user experiences and makethem a reality. There’s no toe-dipping here. You’ll be working on UX projects that you’ll own from their very beginnings, right through the development process, until you take them over the finish line and make life better for Sage users. And we’re talking hundreds of thousands of end users across seven countries.
Issued with a MacBook Pro and graphics drawing tablet, you’ll have everything you need to get stuck in right away. But before any of that, you’ll spend time getting to know your colleagues and our customers so you can understand them and work out how you’ll not only meet their needs but wow them with your flair for UX.
Personal development doesn’t stop with UX – you’ll also be improving your own understanding on our dedicated learning days, with the opportunity to attend (or even speak at) conferences on latest innovations in the field. If you’re at home on the cutting edge and you’re ready to make a big impact with the special work you do – this is your chance.
- Interaction and visual design.
- Thought leadership, influencing and strategy.
- Understanding of design systems.
- The ability to communicate design, giving and receiving feedback.
- Sketch, Figma and Adobe Cloud.
- Understanding of cloud-based products, mobile apps for IOS and Android, SaaS and rich web apps.
- Design Thinking, Design Sprint, Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior members of your team.
- Delivery of major project roadmaps.
- Competitor analysis, definition of the user model, discovery of business rules and constraints, collaboration with analysts.
- Design of layout patterns, UI elements, navigation patterns, information architecture.
- Divergent, convergent and iterative design backed up with rationale and critique.
- Rapid prototyping and user testing.
- Production of high-fidelity pixel-perfect designs and key states treatments, collaborating with visual designers and developers.
- Developing the Sage brand, pattern libraries and design language systems.
Sage is a global company built on the unique personalities and characteristics of 13,000 colleagues across 24 countries. The market leader for cloud-basedaccounting, financials, enterprise management, people and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes. Steve Hare has been recognised by colleagues as the top scoring CEO on Glassdoor throughout the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, due to the high levels of communication and engagement throughout.
As a worldwide FTSE 100 company, we do business the right way while giving back to our local communities. By giving each colleague five paid days a year to support the Sage Foundation, they can volunteer in whatever way they feel best.
We believe in building a culture where colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment and not discriminated against based on their race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
Senior Business Analyst (Solution Designer)
Closing 8 December 2020
- Newcastle and Manchester
Babywear Designer (FTC maternity cover)
Closing 17 November 2020
- Mamas & Papas
- perm, temp to perm
Want more Principal UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.