As a Barclays Principal Designer you will help create user experiences across all our digital platforms - apps, web, voice, and AI. Using multiple tools and processes including - customer journey mapping, service design blue prints, prototyping, workshops, UX, UI, responsive design, user flows and design sprints. You will be part of the extended design leadership team helping grow the team as they continue to influence change through design.
What will you be doing?
• You will be an expert communicator able to manage and influence at all levels of Barclays team.
• You will analyse design team performance, external agency performance and best practice outside of Barclays to ensure the team are performing optimally.
• You will lead the strategy for the design team to ensure we are positioned to confront the changes and developments in banking and user interfaces.
• Delivering consistent, excellent customer-focused design solutions.
• Leading business areas, projects and taking responsibility for communication and planning design activities.
• You will be proactively collaborating with colleagues across the business.
• Managing stakeholder’s expectations and priorities.
• Adhering to and championing human centered design practices.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of designing user centered experiences, with a strong digital portfolio showing examples of your work and processes.
• Extremely knowledgeable and skilled at the practice of Digital Design, and be able to define and lead visionary customer experiences.
• You’ll be well versed in digital design, and the principles of product-led design, familiar with the process of digital development.
• You will be comfortable leading a team of designers, and inputting to cross-business design to meet a big design vision.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to understand complex technical digital concepts, and present them as simple design solutions.
• A team player and clear communicator who can engage with a wide range of people.
• You understand and act on making design decisions based on a range of data and insight.
• You have experience managing stakeholders and timelines/requirements.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit our web for more details.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Senior UX Designer, Digital
Closing 31 January 2020
- John Lewis
- £44,200 to 62,500 p/a
UI Designer - E-Commerce
Closing 18 February 2020
Want more Principal Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Audio Designer jobs, Sound Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.