Principal Character Artist
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY:
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Principal Character Artist to join us in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you able to translate 2D concepts into fully realized 3D characters, armor, and weapons? Are you a passionate game developer looking to create the best experiences possible? Join our creative, collaborative studio where you will help craft visually inspiring player characters, and enemy creatures that are as fun to look at as they are to blow up.
Here’s the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you’ll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Lead a team in translating concept art and design ideas into 3D.
- Create models, textures, and materials for characters, armor, and weapons.
- Collaborate with Animators and FX artists to breathe life into your characters.
- Help set and maintain the high-quality bar for the game.
- Help drive the art vision for the game.
- Scope work for on time milestone deliveries.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Establish pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time.
Your Career Progression:
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- Experience shipping multiple titles.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Senior/Lead Character Artist.
- 6+ years professional experience developing high quality titles.
- Passion for playing and creating games.
- Self-driven with strong communication skills.
- Proven experience mentoring and teaching other artists.
- Proven experience tackling challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership.
- Proven experience working closely with many other disciplines and be a team player.
- Master level understanding of proportion, silhouette, color theory, and anatomy.
- Master level understanding of model topology and skinning.
- Skilled in creating hard surface and organic assets.
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials.
- Advanced understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, ZBrush.
- Advanced understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies.
Would Love to See:
- Experience creating 2D rough concepts and/or illustrations.
- Experience with character customization systems.
- Experience with Substance, Topogun, SpeedTree, or other additional 3D tools.
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- No requirement.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness:
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Prescription Drug Coverage.
- Life Insurance.
- Business Travel Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Long Term Disability.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Education Reimbursement.
- Fitness Club Discounts..
- Training and Development.
- Commuter Incentives.
- Merchandise Discounts.
About our Location:
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 10 August 2019
- 21st Century Fox
Go-To-Market Brand Designer - DC Shoes
Closing 14 August 2019
- Boardriders Inc.
- Huntington Beach
Want more Principal Character Artist jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.