Previs/Rough Layout Artist
A Previsualization/Rough Layout Artist creates sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer graphics environment.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Create an animatic interpretation of the story reel.
- Ensure that the vision of the Director and Art Director are incorporated into the film where possible
- Work with existing storyboards, recreate and/or enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
- May create rough pre-visualization models and environments to facilitate animatic work.
- Collaborate with the Editorial department to incorporate materials and animatic work into the production reel.
- Help guide the pre-visualization and layout work flow, tool and pipeline development with input and testing.
- Pre-visualize the look of the film - characters, locations, effects, look - in collaboration with the Art Department.
- Pre-visualize and layout sequences of shots that convey the story based on storyboards, story reel and/or script pages.
- Model, surface and rig pre-visualization and layout models, characters, environments, and effects.
- Optimize assets and scenes for real time interactive playback.
- Plan and prepare motion capture and camera capture sessions.
- Active participant at virtual shoots capturing motion capture data.
- Active participant at camera capture session capturing camera motion.
- Work in pre-visualization and layout on lighting, effects, rough character animation/blocking, camera motion, and rough editing.
- Motion edit motion capture and keyframe animation of characters.
- Deliver shot data to Final Layout Department that meet the need of production.
- Communicate with downstream departments to find solutions that facilitate the production process.
• 3 years of computer graphics pre-visualization production experience.
• Experience with motion capture based pre-visualization workflow.
• Expertise in programs such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Motion Builder, Adobe Photoshop.
• Expertise with editing software.
• Moderate to advanced modeling, surfacing and rigging skills.
• Moderate to advanced skills in effects animation.
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA.
• Film background and/or film education.
DreamWorks Animation Feature Production
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Sr VFX Artist
Closing 27 May 2020
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Los Angeles
3D Animator (Art)
Closing 25 May 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Previs/Rough Layout Artist jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Make-up Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.