Previs Animator - Episodic
Previs Animators work with the Leads and Supervisors to design and create shots for complex action sequences. We are looking for talented Animators/Shot Creators, capable of working in a fast-moving environment and with a proven track record in high-end VFX and/or high-end Previs. Skills in layout, timing and great cinematography are essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
Working from storyboards and/or written scripts, you will create shots within Maya in order to build a sequence which will be used to inform a live action shoot. You will therefore be tasked with creating the look of the shots as well as developing the performance and staging of the characters/creatures.
- Referencing and importing assets into Maya
- Motion studies of key assets, animation cycles, body mechanics, performance with a realistic style, keyframe posing - all finished to a high level
- Scene layout with asset environments, position and timing of assets and camera layout
- Animating character rigs, camera rigs and basic fx animation
- Comprehensive knowledge of animation in Maya
- Strong sense of cinematic composition and lighting, including lensing knowledge.
- Strong character animation (timing and performance).
- Camera animation.
- Knowledge of cinematic language and technical terminology.
- Able to work with motion and/or performance capture data.
- Able to take and interpret creative direction.
- Adaptable and accepting of creative change throughout a project.
- Understand shooting methodology and can apply to shot creation.
- Understand the fundamentals of techvis and Virtual Production.
- Able to apply shooting methodology information to Previs to create technical solutions for production.
- Able to solve and design solutions to on set needs.
- Can translate CG cameras and animation to apply to real life situations.
- Able to work with motion blur and lighting in Maya in order to create mood and atmosphere within a playblast.
- Understanding of physical limits in real-world cinematography
- Ability to visualise shots and understand screen direction
- Experience of virtual camera systems
- Knowledge of geometry caching
- Basic particle animation skills a plus
- Team orientated and able to take direction from Supervisor
- Adaptable and flexible - accepting of changes
- Generalist modelling/rigging skills are desirable
Want more Previs Animator - Episodic jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.