Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The Presentation Designer is passionate about new media and innovative storytelling techniques. You are a PowerPoint Presentation Specialist with a strong eye for design and will be responsible for designing, producing and updating presentations for internal and external use. You will bring flexibility and creativity, be detail-oriented requiring a high level of quality in your presentations. And you will embrace the challenge of being able to juggle multiple projects at once, multitasking, and you are deadline-oriented.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full Deck Design – identifying a theme/color pallet, creating a template, populating with original content, and creating client-ready PDF and Print versions.
- Deck Editing – taking slides from various executives, and merging them together into one full deck with consistent theme/template, as well as creating client friendly PDF versions.
- Print Leave Behinds – taking presentation decks and/or leave behind materials, and working with third-party vendor dimensions to make sure everything is printed/bound properly.
- Room Theater Needs – creating placemats, hand-outs, wall clings, digital display monitors, etc. for any onsite/off site meetings and going above and beyond to make for a special meeting experience.
- Misc. Design Needs – designing word and excel documents, for various proposals and/or budgeting documents.
- Mediums – needs to be fluent in PowerPoint, Keynote, InDesign and creating graphics that translate well if exported to PDF or Print. Should be able to design for all digital mediums as well (e-mail, social, web, brochures, newsletters, etc.).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 5 years of hands-on experience in design projects.
- 5 years of experience in leading small / medium-sized projects, including ability to navigate scope of work, with large teams and present ideas to stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience with client presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of traditional design principles with expertise in how to apply them within a visual design system.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Online Portfolio to review.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor's of Fine Arts is a plus.
About Business Unit:
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM:
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Executive Director, Global Creative Design & Art Direction, Smashbox
Closing 22 February 2020
- Estee Lauder
- Culver City
Sr. Motion Designer
Closing 26 February 2020
- Monster Energy
Want more Presentation Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Presentation Manager jobs, DTP Operator jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.