As the Presentation Designer you will be required to apply your strong branding, illustration and data visualisation skills, to interpret complex ideas and translate to simplistic and compelling design layouts.
The role will involve working closely with clients at different levels across the business, working with them to create strong narratives through their presentations and gaining valuable insight into how the team delivers on its exciting portfolio of work. Working with our onsite team and wider global design community, you will be able to develop your visual design skills and learn about all aspects of design.
Reporting Line: To the Regional Manager.
Job Background / Context:
- Working as part of the graphics and presentations team in a busy
- 24/5 department that produces pitch book materials and other marketing collateral.
- Presentation Technology (Pres Tech) is a specialist group that provides services to internal clients within the Institutional Clients Group (i.e. Corporate and Investment Bank, Markets, Treasury & Transaction Services, Private Bank, etc.).
- Produce high-quality design work including
- Presentations in a range of formats
- Concept designs, draft and final page layout designs
- Video and photo editing
- Data visualisation, graphs, charts, typography, infographics
- Asset creation – illustrations, icons, etc.
- Work alongside Project Coordinators and/or Creative Director on design projects
- Communicate with senior-level clients in order to understand their concepts and interpret them visually. Presentations are frequently created for multiple purposes, so the designer should be able to shift gears and adapt to different requirements.
- Support the production of presentations using the client’s proprietary template, the necessary training will be provided.
- Ensure work adheres to all best practices and style guidelines, unless otherwise specified and work toward 100% accuracy against style and brief.
- Organise work effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Work to continually improve your knowledge of the core software applications and provide testing, piloting and support in line with business requirements.
- Proactively raise creative ideas and emerging trends in line with the business objectives
- Ensure that a smooth handover occurs with Presentations colleagues, as well as design teams
- Escalate any staff or client issues, which may result in complaints or staffing problems in a prompt and timely manner.
- Personal development; communication skills
- Exposure to a diverse group of clients at all levels of the organization
- Various training opportunities in new media and graphic packages
- Mobility opportunities throughout the Operations and Technology division and rest of bank
- Extensive experience in creative support within a corporate, service-oriented environment, ideally in a financial institution – essential
- Experience of proofreading presentations within a financial environment
- Investment / Asset Management / financial industry or similar experience – an advantage
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment is essential
- Proven track record in presentation design
- Excellent design sense and awareness of current design trends
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard graphic design applications – essential
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) – essential
- Strong working knowledge of presentation tools such as PowerPoint and Keynote – essential
- After Effects and/or Video editing skills – desirable
- Knowledge of external print processes – desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Graphic Design with 3 years or above of relevant work experience in a corporate, service-oriented environment OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable work experience – essential
- MS Office & Adobe Creative Cloud certification – desirable
- Portfolio / samples of recent work – desirable
- Self-motivated, ability to work on own initiative and a mature, calm outlook and style of communication
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast-moving environment
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projectsHigh level of attention to detail
- Understands importance of brand and can work within established standards
- Can effectively communicate rationale behind design ideas with colleagues or clients
- Comfortable collaborating with colleagues and taking creative direction if required
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Print & Graphics Designer - Topman (12 month FTC)
Closing 20 July 2022
- ASOS plc
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Closing 30 June 2022
- Reach Plc
£Competitive with excellent company benefits
Closing 1 June 2022
- Reach Plc
- perm, from remote
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Want more Presentation Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Retoucher jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Picture Editor jobs, Presentation Manager jobs, Video Editor jobs, DTP Operator jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Artworker jobs, Publishing Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.