Photography and Film Specialist
Job Purpose and Summary:
- Responsible for developing and managing the processes and procedures to ensure efficient procurement and use of photography & film across the Canon EMEA business.
- Provide an expert governance service and act as a Canon brand imagery visual identity guardian for all photography and video content across EMEA.
- Provide creative execution skills in photography, video and editing to all Canon Business Units for external and internal creative content.
- Provide consultation services to internal and external teams, and their agencies, at photo shoots, on creative, brand and technical issues and image rights.
What we give:
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
Photography and Video Creative Execution:
- Photographer and self-shooting video director supporting the creation of video and photography assets to support our key content areas.
- Manage internal ad hoc requests for photography and videography.
- Work with Creative Services team, acting as quality guardian for photography and video output.
- Rewrite/distill business briefs into creative briefs, including creative responses (storyboarding, messaging and treatment).
- Support the briefing and management of external photographers and film makers, including Canon Ambassadors.
- Provide Canon attendance at internal and external photo shoots to ensure results are in line with brief and support agencies and photographers /videographers with technical guidance and to advise on cost and quality of photography and video productions.
- Source potential extrenal freelancers, and manage internal roster of skilled employees, to support growing photography and videography demand across EMEA.
Management of Photo and Video Assets:
- End-to-end delivery (redefine content, rewrite, design, deliver and guard) of the Photo & Video Guidelines for Canon EMEA to reflect new Brand and Visual Identity when required.
- Update policies related to image/video usage rights, IP and legal requirements.
- Manage, educate and police usage rights of all photography and film used in communication material.
- Ensure all photo and video assets assets are correctly updated to DAM tool with usage rights highlighted where necessary.
- Ongoing rights management of photography and video assets on DAM tool.
- Hold Super User status for DAM to monitor all uploads and rights management of photo and video assets across EMEA.
- Support increase in content re-use by repurposing existing assets through the use of video editing.
- Provide video editing service for internal communications.
- Provide video editing service for external communications including Social Media and PR, retail and live comms.
- Support product launch with cross-channel & platform video edits.
Brand and imagery VI governance:
- Source new imagery and grow brand image library to support the brand across various communications platforms.
- Act as brand guardian for all video and image assets created and distributed by Canon EMEA.
- Support approvals of all photo & video submissions to the Creative Content & Approvals Dashboard.
- Attend creative shoots to police the use of the brand on location.
- Attend external events to police use of branded assets and support with any photo/video related requirements.
Learning and Development:
- Grow and manage roster of internal resource for photo & video support.
- Support internal teams with shoot setup to encourage further learning.
- Host regular Lunch & Learn sessions to educate wider business on topics around photo/video/creative production.
Management of CEL Photo & Video Studio:
- Set up of Photo & Video studio to ensure fit for use for all CEL employees and external agencies.
- Provide well-resourced studio location for product launch shoot.
- On-going studio maintenance and room booking management.
- Management of loan photo and video gear.
- Provide basic video & photo training for effective use of studio.
What we ask:
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
Extensive experience with Adobe and Mac photo and video editing software.
Possess a natural creative flair with energy and enthusiasm for video and photography.
Strong negotiation skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
You will need:
Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to collaborate on multiple assignments.
Able to set priorities and adapt to changing conditions.
Liaise with creative counterparts and business stakeholders.
Experience using digital asset management tools.
Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
A team player who enjoys creative collaboration.
Self motivated and pragmatic with a high level of initiative and drive to succeed.
Track record of the end-to-end management of multiple projects.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.
Closing 4 October 2019
Closing 11 October 2019
- Ann Summers
- £25,000 to 28,000 p/a
Want more Photography and Film Specialist jobs?
Want to find more Photographer jobs, Photographers Assistant jobs, Photography Manager jobs, Camera Assistant jobs, Camera Supervisor jobs, Cameraperson jobs, Photographer - Film jobs, Stills Photographer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.