Photographic Producer - Dazed MediaThis job listing has expired
Dazed Media is looking for a Photographic Producer to Plan, coordinate and deliver photographic production on Dazed Magazine and Dazed Digital
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a
movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically
reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the
most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including
Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive
events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio
specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious
brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4,
Converse, Diesel, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Swarovski.
About the role: Photographic Producer, Dazed & Dazed Digital
Plan, coordinate and deliver Photographic production on Dazed Magazine and Dazed Digital on an issue
and shoot by shoot basis (editorial & advertorial) with support on Commissioning from Photographic
Reporting to: Photographic Director, Dazed Magazine
Terms: Full time role with competitive salary.
23 days annual leave plus public holidays.
Office located on 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA
Creative and dynamic working environment
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
Schedules / Shoot Production
● Under the direction of the Creative Director & Art Director & Photo Director manage the
production process for Dazed photographic / fashion shoot content: commission photographers,
source / contracting stylists, hair, make-up, and models.
● Collaborate with Art Director, Creative Director, E-i-C, and Designers to plan and schedule shoots
for each issue of Dazed magazine.
● Manage shoot logistics to include; booking travel, hotels, studio/location hire, option hair /
● Attend commissioning meetings for editorial and commercial projects contributing photographer
● Maintain direct and clear communication with Creative Director, Art Director, Editor-in-Chief, and
Production team ensuring all photographic content is delivered in the correct format and on
● Communicate effectively with editors regarding photographic possibilities and limitations.
● Chase Photographers and Photographers agents in order to get in lo-res and hi-res images by
● Ensure that delivered work interprets the briefs discussed and is to the standard expected.
● Traffic received lo-res images through design ensuring that Art Director / Designer are making
progress on layouts.
● Troubleshoot to ensure that process progresses smoothly to meet hi-res selection in a timely
● Take responsibility for ensuring that final files for photo content are delivered to the correct colour
profiles, on time and are signed off by Art Director.
● Allocate, manage and update individual and master shoot production budgets; raising PO's,
entering PO numbers into the excel budget spreadsheets,
● Flag overspending to Dazed team and finance and reconcile budgets at close of issue.
● Negotiate lowest rates possible with photographers, stylists, locations. to keep costs within
● Chase invoices and payment dates with the accounts team when necessary.
● Commission, schedule, produce and manage budgets for all photo based advertorials in Dazed
and on DD collaborating with the Fashion and Editorial teams, Creative Projects Coordinator and
Legal / Commissioning Agreements / Releases
● Provide all commissioned photographers/film-makers with commissioning agreements and
ensure they are signed, returned and filed.
● Track and maintain model and location releases, and provide certificates of insurance for all
● Draft and get signed stylist contracts for hair/make-up stylists as necessary
● Contribute ideas, suggestions, leads, format ideas to enhance the visual identity, impact, quality
and quantity of photographic content on Dazed Digital working with the digital development,
editorial and design teams.
● Commission photographers / photographic content for DD.
● Attend commissioning, review and digital design meetings as required.
Essential skills, experience & personal attributes:
● Experience within an established publishing company, online media publication or agency
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels, building strong
● Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects in a fast paced
● Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
● Flexible approach and drive to use own initiative.
● Ability to work well independently
● Existing network of contacts within the industry
● Photo agency experience beneficial
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Freelance Production Manager
Closing 16 April 2018
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £125 to 150 /day
Mid-weight Creative Team - Digital / Social
Closing 11 April 2018
- RedSofa London
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Photographic Producer - Dazed Media jobs?
Want to find more Content Manager jobs, Photography Manager jobs, Production Manager jobs, Director of Photography jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.