At the National Trust, we look after some of the most incredible properties in the UK. Great photographs, bring the places that we look after to life, and are critical to the success of our marketing and communications. We are looking for a Photographer to join our Images team and help support the wider Content & Publishing team.
You’ll be a key player in our work, delivering brand-building images for use across all internal and external channels, including a variety of media and platforms.
This role is offered on 12 month fixed term contract or internal secondment basis.
What it's like to work here:
We’re a large and multi-faceted conservation charity, and we have a lot to offer. We’re for everyone, forever and we really mean that. We want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
The Images team is based at the head office Heelis in Swindon and this will be your contractual location, but you could be based anywhere in England or Wales. The role will predominantly involve working at our properties within the Midlands, North of England and Wales, requiring regular travel to these sites, however, travel to other regions across the U.K will be required dependent on business needs.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll be one of two in-house photographers taking naturalistic and inspiring images of people and places, indoors and out, that engage audiences with our cause. This is a highly creative role that requires professionalism, well developed people skills and flexibility to get the best out of a subject regardless of the conditions.
You’ll have a broad and varied briefs to interpret – on one day you might be capturing visitors experiencing the outdoors, the next, indoors at one of our houses. You'll be focussing on historic collections and the day after that looking for the early morning light at one of our gardens. We use drone photography regularly and are happy to fund the training for this, if you do not have the already have the qualification.
You’ll be capturing all the relevant permissions such as model release on the day, and processing your images before uploading them to our central digital asset management system to meet client deadlines.
Who we're looking for:
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of capturing people and places in an authentic and naturally engaging way that leads national communications and campaigns to inspire public support and participation.
- A proven track record of producing professional photography to a high and consistent standard in number of different conditions and environments, making the most of available natural light.
- The ability to interpret brand standards and briefs in a highly creative way, and to a deadline.
- A good knowledge of a professional image workflow – from capturing in RAW, editing and processing within the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, to the supply of high quality finished files for multiple channel use.
- Experience of planning and managing your own workloads, prioritising shoots to a seasonal and campaign lead timetable.
- Flexibility to cover a large geographic area during hours of the day that will produce the best-looking results.
- People skills, you’ll need to have the ability to put people at ease to capture natural images.
- Understanding of copyright legislation, privacy and other legal obligations associated with photography.
- A full, valid driving licence.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, forever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary.
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
- Tax free childcare scheme.
- Rental deposit loan scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts.
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Free parking at most locations.
- Independent financial advice.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 26 April 2023
- perm, remote
Closing 20 May 2023
- Frasers Group
Senior Photographer, 9 Month FTC
Closing 23 May 2023
- River Island
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
£9 Month FTC
Want more Photographer jobs?
Want to find more Photographer jobs, Stills Photographer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.