Founded in 1971 in Somerset, England, today Mulberry is a truly global fashion company and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Across all locations, we are united by our employee values: Be Bold, Be Open, Be Responsible, Be Imaginative.
If these are values you share, we would love you to join our team.
Reporting to the Film and Photography Manager and working closely with the photography and retouching teams to deliver high-quality stills and video for Mulberry, social media, press, marketing, design, advertising, still life, events, lookbooks and in-store - with emphasis on e-commerce.
Our ideal candidate would have some video experience/the desire to expand their skills to encompass video as the ability to shoot high-quality product video is set to be an important aspect of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the shoot set up, checking in advance that all equipment is functioning and that the product that needs to be shot is available, any additional supplies have been ordered and flagging any issues ahead of time.
- Continuously suggest methods and techniques to improve image output and demonstrate this through testing ahead of shoot date with enough time for sign-off.
- Perform competitor e-commerce research ahead of each season.
- Build relationships with key teams including Digital Trade, Design and Product Management to streamline work flows and requests.
- Consistently execute elevated images and video that adhere to the brand guidelines and uphold the brand values.
- Style products for e-commerce still life according to brand guidelines using fishing line, blue tack, stuffing etc.
- Direct models on set to portray them and the products in the most favourable way.
- Take direction during shoots, adjusting lighting and shooting style to fulfill the brief.
- upport on ad-hoc projects when required.
- Process, name, file and archive images consistently and in an approved manner that allows for easy searching.
- Mark up images with clear instructions for the retouching team.
- Crop and resize images and videos to the required specifications, providing guidelines to retouchers and freelancers as required.
- Provide quality checks on all imagery.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and new technology.
- Understand and demonstrate the Mulberry employee values and behaviors: Be Bold, Be Imaginative, Be Open, Be Responsible.
- Support Mulberry to deliver an inclusive culture, through behaving in a way that is open-minded and respectful towards others, and understanding that your views, opinions and experiences may not always be shared by your colleagues.
- Act as an ambassador for Mulberry and communicate positively about the brand.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 4+ years experience working in a similar role ideally in luxury fashion/photography studio.
- Advanced proficiency in mac computers and image software: Capture One, Photoshop CS.
- Strong desire to experiment and ability to propose new approaches to photography.
- Video skills or desire to expand skill set to video.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to take direction as well as self-art direct.
- Capable of troubleshooting technical issues.
- Positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Strong eye for detail and creative instincts.
- Highly motivated and organised.
Mulberry is an equal opportunities employer and we are passionate about hiring and developing the best talent. All hiring decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, skills or experience and as they relate to the particular role. If you need us to make any adjustments to our application or interview processes to enable you to be at your best, visit our website.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 17 July 2022
- Sports Direct
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.