Photographer & Retoucher
Working within our fast paced Studio based in Bedford and reporting into the Studio Manager, the main the main responsibility of this role is to ensure we are creating & editing market leading photography content for TU and ensuring that it is on Brand. This job will comprise of a 60/40 split between retouching and shooting, with the heavier lean towards post production.
This role is predominantly based at the Bedford studio however, at times, you may be expected to work on location or at our Milton Keynes studio. You may also be required to amend hours to support with shoots outside of the studio times.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience of working in a Fashion or Photographic Studio who is looking for a permanent opportunity to work closely within a team on an exciting brand.
As a Photographer & Retoucher you’ll:
- Be able to retouch high volumes of photography content including product cut outs, ecomm and marketing model shots, and flat lay, in line with the Tu brand principles and to deadline.
- Able to direct models (adults and children) and stylists on set, and work with art directors, ensuring production is to the highest standard and the content accurately depicts the products on offer.
- Timely delivery of content to schedule that’s compliant with our style and brand guidelines, minimising the % of reshoots and amends.
- Taking ownership for updating daily, weekly and periodic tracking of key production measures.
- Deliver results under pressure to a fast turnaround shoot schedule. Achieve and work to improve the performance against the studio KPI’s.
- Actively be involved in creative testing that helps develop brand content.
- Work closesly with the internal studio team and wider Sainsbury’s Argos teams, contributing to a positive team ethos. Act in line with and role model the company and brand values.
Our Studio team would love to see:
- Experience as a retoucher/photographer working in a fashion or photographic studio environment.
- Must have an understanding of industry standard processes and tools including photography file formats and file delivery systems.
- Have strong knowledge in using DSLR cameras, the Adobe software suite (especially Photoshop & Bridge), studio flash lighting equipment, tungsten or LED lights where necessary.
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong team player able to collaborate with others.
- Passion for Fashion photography and the desire to move an exciting and busy department forward.
- Capacity to identify potential problems and find solutions.
- Portfolio of work to be able to showcase ability to photograph & retouch.
- Experience in working with Styleshoot photographic technology.
- Understanding of content in retail.
- Experience in model direction and catwalk photography.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Photographer - Interiors
Closing 3 October 2022
- Milton Keynes
£Competitive plus benefits
Mid-weight Photographer (FTC until end of Jan 2023)
Closing 25 September 2022
start 1st of September
- ASOS plc
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Closing 18 August 2022
- Paul Smith
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.