Photographer, Photo Studio
about old navy:
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
about the role:
OldNavy builds an engaging and inclusive online shopping experience throughphotography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions ofcustomers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Old Navy is afast-growing team located in San Francisco, focusing on fashion and productphotography, photo retouching, and video production. We are continuallyinnovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of thousandsof products across multiple marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating onbehalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries oftraditional e-commerce photography and videography. Old Navy is looking for anorganized, detail-oriented and enthusiastic photographer to join our team.
Old Navy is searching for an experienced and accomplished photographer toexecute and elevate specific categories of standardized photography with a highlevel of competence and proficiency as well as campaign focused photography.This candidate will report into and partner with the Associate Photography Directorin the areas of lighting, on-set direction, visual aesthetics, and technicalproblem-solving. They will troubleshoot on-set photography challengesdecisively and expertly execute the brand creative direction while articulatingrationale for decisions in support of on-brand vision. This role will improveprocesses for studio performance against operational metrics and budget whileholding and elevating the creative vision of the brand without sacrificingbrand creative and quality. In this role you will innovate ways to shoot newcategories or initiatives while following new processes and provide feedback toensure successful implementation.
what you'll do:
- Produce the highestquality photography/video for all Old Navy product categories.
- Partnervery closely with the Associate Photography Director to understand the seasonalvision and “big idea” per month. Execute photography and video assets tosupport that vision.
- Work in the studio under the direction of the Associate Photography Director both independently and alongside art directors and stylists capturing digital images of product while managing equipment maintenance.
- Photograph ecommerce product on-figure with the ability to capture off-figure when needed.
- Understandthe needs of each marketing vehicle and “best practices” to develop creativethat will have the greatest impact to the customer.
- Work closely withthe Associate Photography Director to identify newways to shoot photography that will create agility and flexibility in themarketing pipeline.
- Responsible foraccurate completion of shot lists, file naming, processing and organization ofdigital files.
- Upload digital files to all correct channels on a daily basis.
- Ensuredaily workload is completed within SLA – raise red flags when in jeopardy,working with AssociatePhotography Director to resolve roadblocks.
- Proactively identify challenges in workflow or process and use critical thinking to provide the Associate Photography Director with potential solutions and ensure creation of all process documentation.
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy,aesthetics, and productivity.
- Partner with manager, photographers, stylists, art directors, product coordinator and sample manager to ensure production expectations are met.
- Build innovative processes with impact from theground up.
- Develop techniques and best practices for shooting newcategories/projects.
- Maintain photographystyle guides for Old Navy’s photo studio.
- Interact directly withOld Navy Studio teams to receive visual guidance and implement processimprovement.
- Collect and analyze dataand testing solutions for process improvements and new initiatives.
who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in photography or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hi-volume commercial fashion studio with professionally respected photographers.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a commercial fashion photographer.
- Professional photography portfolio that demonstrates an expert-level knowledge of digital photography, including lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced, team player e-commerce setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other team members.
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail.
- Is willing and able to work within On Figure and Off Figure studio needs based on volume and peak times within the broader studio environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning, and task delegation under tight deadlines.
- High-level proficiency with the industry-standard software tools (Photo Shop and Capture One) and ability to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure.
- Proficiency with color management policies.
- High-level proficiency with DSLR functionality (both still and video) as well as all standard studio lighting techniques and traditional grip practice.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Obsession with delighting customers.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Photographer for premium brands and/or innovative branding firms.
- Experience with marketing brand campaign, on figure product and lay down photography in all categories including sport photography.
- Proven experience working with Art Directors, Stylists, Production, and freelance talent.
- In-depth skills and knowledge in all things related to photography and videography.
- Deep knowledge of a “Digital first” marketing approach, understanding the needs of paid and social media and how to capture creative that best suits the requirements of success in those channels.
- Clear understanding of all stages of the photography process, and ability to provide direction to the team to execute.
- A change maker, a ground breaker, someone who challenges the status quo and can help us to move the brand forward.
- A positive, motivating individual that can easily collaborate and work through confrontation in a solution-minded way.
- Accustomed to the high intensity level of an e-commerce studio environment, and ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- Self-driven and able to effectively communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a multi-team environment.
- Quality focused and proven to be a quick problem solver to ensure productivity and time to market standards.
- Ability to use industry experience and expertise to advocate for the expansion of Old Navy’s photography capability, and for the adoption of new technologies.
benefits at old navy:
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- see more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the best places to work by the humans rights campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 bloomberg gender-equality index for the second year in a row.
Closing 15 April 2020
Photo Campaign Producer, Films - Creative Studio
Closing 17 April 2020
- Netflix UK
- Los Angeles
Want more Photographer, Photo Studio jobs?
Want to find more Photo Editor jobs, Photo Stylist jobs, Photographer jobs, Photographers Assistant jobs, Photography Manager jobs, Photojournalist jobs, Picture Editor jobs, Stills Photographer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.