Photographer - MyLondon
Within 18 months of launching, MyLondon has become one of the 10 biggest regional websites in the country. We like to think our website has a unique style and, as we look to appeal to younger readers than some of our rivals, we encourage our reporters to have fun with their writing where it is appropriate. By joining our team, you'll have the best patch in the country and be covering a brilliantly diverse range of stories day in, day out. We have an exciting opportunity for a Photographer to join the team.
As a Photographer covering both news websites, you will be responsible for producing a high standard of creative photojournalism to supply images for our titles and our multimedia platforms. We are looking for people who are interested in joining an editorial team which is passionate about reaching our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will the role involve?
- Photographing live breaking news stories, features and live sport on assignments.
- Working closely with journalists and picture editors, and agree the photographic requirements for a story.
- Preparing and sending digital photographs for newspaper publication and online to deadline.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- You will be able to shoot digital pictures and video for use in print and on our multimedia platforms and operate lights and backdrop/screens.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with the wider team.
- You will have experience of taking pictures, using initiative to deliver strongest quality images for use across our network.
So, who are we?
MyLondon is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Discounted gym membership.
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Head of Media (Video & Photography)
Closing 20 October 2020
- Creative Recruitment
- £45,000 to 50,000 per annum
Closing 18 November 2020
- Ted Baker
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.