Photographer - GrimsbyLive
GrimsbyLive and the Grimsby Telegraph are recruiting a photographer to join a great team of journalists working in one of the most vibrant news patches in the country.
Since launching three years ago, GrimsbyLive has become the online destination for news and sport in northern Lincolnshire. Generating up to 10m page views a month, our strategy is driven by local news and reporting in the heart of our community.
As a staff photographer you will be covering a brilliantly diverse range of stories day in, day out, from breaking news to football matches and heartwarming features.
You will be responsible for producing a high standard of creative photojournalism, supplying images and video for our rolling multimedia news operation including GrimsbyLive, the Grimsby Telegraph, the only daily newspaper in Lincolnshire, and the weekly Scunthorpe Telegraph.
Your work will take you across North and North East Lincolnshire, including the towns of Grimsby, Cleethorpes and Scunthorpe. Based in northern Lincolnshire and working largely around Grimsby, you will also be called upon to support our photographer at Hull Live, covering the city of Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
You will be a key member of our editorial team, able to support our reporters and editors by engaging with the public, spotting stories and developing and delivering your own ideas for content.
We are looking for people who are interested in joining an editorial team which is passionate about reaching our communities as we seek to grow new audiences. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will the role involve?
- Photographing live breaking news stories, features and live sport on assignments.
- Working closely with journalists and the senior editorial team, and agree the photographic requirements for a story.
- Quickly preparing and sending digital photographs for a rolling online news operation and newspaper publication on deadline.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- You will be able to shoot digital pictures and video for use in print and on our multimedia platforms in all environments, from a seafront storm to a studio photoshoot.
- You will be skilled at using professional editorial software to deliver accurately captioned and presented photographs and videos.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with the public, our commercial clients and the wider editorial team.
- You will be able to use your initiative to deliver off-diary photographs, video and content ideas to generate interest and audience online and in print.
- You will be willing to travel across northern Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, where required, to assignments as directed by the editorial team.
So, who are we?
GrimsbyLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Want more Photographer - GrimsbyLive jobs?
Want to find more Photographer jobs, Camera Operator jobs, Camera Supervisor jobs, Cameraperson jobs, Lighting Cameraperson jobs, Stills Photographer jobs, Video-journalist jobs, Videographer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.