Part-Time Video Editor
The Part Time Video Editor must be proficient in the use of non-linear editing tools and techniques, while bringing an open, creative mind to our edit process. Our video editors ensure edits meet strict quality control standards…audio and video levels, proper audio channel distribution, color correction, proper formatting and frame rates, proper use of graphics and grammar, and proper publishing and file organization (naming conventions and storage locations). Also critical is the more subjective part: look and feel, pacing, proper edit points, and appropriate transitions and graphic elements.
The Part Time Video Editor will also have occasional duties outside of editing.This would include studio and media operations as needed.A general understanding of studio production, studio camera operation, lighting technique, media management, basic video switching and audio is a plus.The part time video editor will also be responsible for reporting and documenting defective equipment and maintenance needs.This position will also be required to embrace company initiatives including departmental meetings, performance reviews, accurate and punctual time entry, and completion of employee surveys.
Production Operations is a division of Programming and Production and consists of several groups: Network Control, PCR, Studio, Content Edit, Business Resources, and Operations Specialists. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
- Solid understanding of non-linear edit systems, edit technique and styles, and proper audio and video levels.
- Solid computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Solid communication, punctuation and grammar skills.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of signal measurement, video/audio levels, and corrective procedures.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Proficient operating skills and ability to perform under strict timelines with little supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience.
- Solid knowledge of TV Production technique and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to non-linear edit systems; video cameras; frame rates…why and when each is used; specialty camera systems such as robotic camera control; color correction; signal conversion and test equipment; basic lighting and light control; audio systems and acceptable levels.
- Knowledge of broadcast methods of measuring video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations.
- Ability to understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel.
- Understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Basic problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Copywriter Assoc NH
Closing 3 January 2020
- Culver City
Equipment Assistant Editor
Closing 31 December 2019
- Discovery Communications
- New York
Want more Part-Time Video Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.