Part-Time Print and Textile Design Studio Intern
We are looking for a talented and dynamic individual who is as passionate about our business as we are. We have an exciting opportunity to intern in our Print Studio, working within an integral part of our company. The primary focus of this 6 month undergraduate internship is to work closely with the Men’s and Women’s Paul Smith Japan Collection and PS by Paul Smith Print Design Teams. To assist with research, print repeats, design and development of the above collections, and carry out general studio and administration duties as and when required. This is a paid, part time, undergraduate internship, working 25 hours per week, across 4 days.
• Working with all members of the Print design studio on a variety of tasks. Tasks undertaken will involve; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• Assisting with the sewing up of trials and new development samples, creating maquettes and draping on the stand.
• Working on colourway options, repeats, print placements, layouts, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Amending and updating sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
• Updating design boards (style, fabric, colour, research) through close collaboration with the team and ensuring boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• Organising meetings and liaising with Reception to book meeting rooms, alongside meeting and greeting visitors as required.
• Assisting the Print Design Team with the delivery of special project requests and archiving as required.
• Ensuring that all internal and external post for the Print Design Team is taken for distribution.
• Assisting with administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning, printer maintenance and stationery orders.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree in Textile / Print Design / Surface Pattern or equivalent qualification.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of print processes and colour with a familiarity in creating design boards.
• Understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ideal for those who love a plan and can organise and prioritise effectively.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and able to remain calm under pressure.
• Able to assess colour, prints and textiles and maintain current knowledge of fashion design processes and trends.
Please note, applicants must verify their student status as part of the application process and also be available from June 2020 for a minimum of 6 months. We intend to conduct interviews for the role in May 2020.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages. This should be available for 6 weeks after the advert closing date. Please submit this as part of your Cover Letter.
Closing 3 April 2020
User Experience Lead
Closing 13 April 2020
- Royal Bank of Scotland
Want more Part-Time Print and Textile Design Studio Intern jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.