Paint & Roto Artist
Paint & Rotoscope artist has two principal responsibilities: the creation of accurate mattes to extract specific elements from shot plates; and the removal of unwanted elements (such as wires, rigs or tracking markers) from shot plates.
- Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences with both procedural and hand painting methods.
- Creates digital articulate mattes and performs plate clean-up.
- Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences.
- Creates digital articulate mattes with computer-aided drawing tools to detail and precision while performing repetitive tasks.
- Performs plate clean up; removes unwanted artifacts and composites said artifacts with a clean plate created by the artist using tracking software and scripting. Frame by frame handwork when necessary.
- Paints final comps before film-out to resolve last minute problems.
- Performs background repair and wire removal.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of rotoscoping and how to make shapes animate.
- Develops 2D animation skills.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of digital articulate mattes.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required.
- Proven production experience in computer graphics, animation or video.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Experience with 2D image processing, Harry, Henry, Matador, or Macintosh software or other similar systems.
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts.
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Closing 19 August 2020
- Reckitt Benckiser
- part time
Senior 3D Designer
Closing 1 September 2020
- Sky UK
Want more Paint & Roto Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, CG Painter jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Digital Painter jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Roto Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.